Is a cracked dash worth anything?

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I replaced my dash and have the old one and have no idea if anyone does anything with these. I see them on Ebay but have no idea if anyone wants them or buys them. What say you?

IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0853.JPG

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Definitely worth keeping. If you haven’t noticed, there are tons of derelict e9’s under the knife. If you don’t want to store it, just sell it now.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if somebody isn't going for concours quality, it can be filled, textured and painted and will look very passable. there are plenty of examples on youtube.
if you want concours, then it has to be professionally filled + recovered

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Even for someone who is doing a restoration this can have value. They can send this one to be redone, and ensure the reworked part returns before they need it. Then they can take their time with the install and sell what they pull out when done.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's the scenario. I die, my kids go through the basement stuff, they see this dash and say WTF and toss it............At least I go with a clear conscience.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Three ways to avoid that scenario:

1) have no kids
2) have no basement
3) don't die

So far I have 2 and 3 working for me.

Here's the scenario. I die, my kids go through the basement stuff, they see this dash and say WTF and toss it............At least I go with a clear conscience.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I had mine vinyl covered. Looks just like leather and has a stitched seam along the front. It was not cheap at about $450 but looks better than stock in my opinion.
Not sure what Just Dashes charges to redo a dash but I think I've heard it was close to $1000.
So yes, it's worth something to someone.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had some dash parts that had some modest damage that I was not going to use. I gave them to 'dave v. in nc' , a member here. He plans to refinish them and eventually sell them - perhaps for enough to pay for the materials and a bit toward his labor. He paid me for the shipping cost, so I know the components will eventually help someone (hopefully Dave and his customer). I was happy they would not contribute to landfill volume.

bavbob, you might consider contacting dave v. in nc

Gary

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Gary, I will do that now. He has been a tremendous help with my dash tray rebuild, giving design/dimensions of the "T's" use to secure it.

Is there a high need for the "T"'s. I know Madera charges 35 dollars each, not sure if that included the metal "U" connector. I made a bunch and would be happy to post a DIY here .

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Gary, I will do that now. He has been a tremendous help with my dash tray rebuild, giving design/dimensions of the "T's" use to secure it.

Is there a high need for the "T"'s. I know Madera charges 35 dollars each, not sure if that included the metal "U" connector. I made a bunch and would be happy to post a DIY here .

@sfdon could use some u-connectors.