Interior and Down Town LA Photoshoot OcCoupe 3.0csi-Update

jmackro

Reaction score
The leather is exquisite

The whole car is exquisite. I had the privilege of seeing it live on Saturday, and yea, the word "exquisite" is appropriate. Those relays caught my eye too.

What I love about Mike's car is that much of it is original, but taken to a higher standard than the BMW factory achieved back in 1973. And then there are a few custom bits sprinkled here and there that add seasoning to the mix - things like those relays (and the interior wood, and the headliner, and the engine internals, and .....)

Last edited:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My god Mike! Did you put your relays on a lathe?

5d058bfff1b0b3a378c8288ae74449e15793c742e9f2923dba1f5397a57961c0.jpg
I saw those relays and immediately wondered, how the heck did he do that and how can I copy it!
Like most of the improvements on my car, the inspiration came from others: Paul Cain, Chris Macha, Sven Larsen and now Mike Burger. All it takes is patience, focus, 5 years, an incredible eye for detail, a supportive spouse, knowledge of talented artisans (leather work) and and a clear vision of what you want to accomplish. And even then, I need help to actually execute some of the ideas inspired by others. Mike's car is a masterwork. Just amazing!

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Definitely a very high quality restoration that actually is a 10 on 10! What's brilliant is the fact that the car really achieved the highest standards where money itself is not enough to achieve this goal. The only other car that did this to me was that from Paul Cain, many years ago. Pure fanaticism for detail. Compliments to the owner and all those involved in making this project come thru to these standards. Hats off! Keshav

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
now i know where to repunch my holes for the windsheild washer locations
truely the one of the most exquisite coupe ever

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks for all the additional pictures of the details of this beautiful car. As Wayne said, the unveiling was great. Peter Coomaraswamy and I were so enthralled with the craftsmanship that went into this car we were literally crawling on the ground looking at it from different angles. I do the bulk of my own work, and I lack the skills to take my car to this level. Nonetheless, I both learn from and enjoy seeing this type of work.

As to the money, we can't take it with us. Why not use some of it to bring a little joy into our lives?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
WOW Mike, this is the way that BMW should have made the coupe - PURE perfection everywhere we look.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow the leather color is perfect. Finally a compromise between the boring sober colors and Stan's red interior.

Everything looks perfect, only a person that thinks with his spleen could note that there are too many speakers for the radio, or that the windshield washer is empty, or the worst of all to say that wood with so many knots should only be used for saunas.

grnder95

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

That is an awesome-looking car, and it does belong in a museum! I was looking at the picture of the front shot of the car and I had a question. What makes the outer headlights look darker than the inner ones? I was wondering because that, in my opinion, gives the car a more elegant look. Cheers Victor

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

That is an awesome-looking car, and it does belong in a museum! I was looking at the picture of the front shot of the car and I had a question. What makes the outer headlights look darker than the inner ones? I was wondering because that, in my opinion, gives the car a more elegant look. Cheers Victor
No!! That beauty is meant to be driven!!!
Win a few trophies then drive, drive, drive!!!

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks for posting these great photos. The car is amazing. I saw it back in August and the pictures almost don't do it justice. I am thinking I need to start over now... more inspiration. Well done.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Thank you Victor, both are Hella H1 the outers are low beams with city lights and the inners are high beams. All I can say is there is probably a difference in the reflectors that causes one to look darker than the other.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
hi mike
is there some reason your rear door edge doesnt have the door seal?
Hi Alan,

I have the seals; but am not happy with the way they look and fit. They are older NOS and don't seem to be very well made. I've seen some others that look equally as bad. Fortunately the door seals are tight and I haven't experienced any wind noise from that area. The windows are nicely adjusted so the cabin is pretty quiet, for a coupe that is...

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
thank you mike
i ordered one from atlanta and it seems to fit yet when i went to put it in
i forgot where it went -silly, I thought the inside one, on the door jamb, went on the door
so i think ill take your advice and leave it off

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
I asked Doug Park to photograph my coupe now that it was "done". I thought it would be cool to take some shots of it at locations I would never consider driving it. We decided to do it early Monday morning (labor day) since most Down Town businesses would be closed and traffic would be at a minimum.

Don't hate on DTLA !

A81E29CB-0A1C-4AED-93FC-341D77B8A332_4_5005_c.jpeg

Last edited: