Inner trim around doors - need photo's

Rek

Reaction score
I have a bunch of parts and trim but need to know how they should look.

On the inner trim cards to the front and rear of the door, on the body, not the door, are some piping in vinyl and some alu trims.
Can someone send some pictures of how these should look once completed so that I can try to replicate this.

I have the parts but have searched and searched, but its not something people focus on when taking photo's, and most are too fuzzy around the parts I need to see.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you can get the trims new from W+N for 65.55 euro each (for the fronts) ... haven't seen the rears listed. no idea how well they fit. the welts can be made by an upholsterer

51727770025.jpg

51727770025_1.jpg

Rek

Reaction score
Thanks for this. I have all the bits, its how they fit together that I cannot work out. How do the welts cards and metal pieces look - is it welt metal then card or metal welt then card?

Just a simple photo will help me a lot. Thanks in advance.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
from the body, its welt, then trim, then kick panel. the offset in the metal trim is to offset the thickness of the welt on the door side and allow the kick panel to set flush with the metal trim.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you want I can snap a pic of the aluminum trim and the welts installed on the body, with no door panels in place. They are riveted on and I still need to drill them out. I also need to dig through my parts bin to find my coolant tank. Sooo - if you want a closeup pic of the welts themselves I can do that also. They would be very easy to make with a basic sowing machine and some interior vinyl.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
my coupe didn't have the welts or the trims riveted in. the welts were put on with adhesive and the trims were set with the screws that held the kick panels in place. of course this could have been changed by a PO

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
my coupe didn't have the welts or the trims riveted in. the welts were put on with adhesive and the trims were set with the screws that held the kick panels in place. of course this could have been changed by a PO

Here is what I know based on both of my cars. The welts on the doors are held on by tiny screws and glue. I've removed the door welts and tiny screws on the parts car. I have some pics of said tiny screws in my part out thread. The welts on the body are held on by the aluminum trim both leading and trailing the doors opening. They are riveted in place on both cars. I haven't removed them on either car, mainly because they aren't for sale so removal is a low priority. I'll get those pics this weekend!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Terrible pics, but here they are. It looks like the body welts are about 1.25" wide. I would take a .25" rubber tube, lay it in the center of a 2.5" - 3" vinyl strip. Fold in half and run it through a sewing machine.

Front:
IMG_0447.JPG
IMG_0448.JPG

Rear:
IMG_0449.JPG
IMG_0450.JPG
IMG_0451.JPG
IMG_0452.JPG

The door welts are different. I have some pics already. I can add here if needed.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
That is exactly what I needed - thanks very much.

I think they are embarrassingly bad photos. My car is full of crap at the moment. Let me know if you need better shots or measurements.