Inka coupe on CL

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
oh that inka has seen much better days, the only decent body panel is the drivers rear ... all of the others have a lot of trauma. the more complete of the ATL cars is a '74 ... a lot of $$$ for something that rough

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
true ... and to hurt the value proposition, its a CSA. its a shame that a presumably original inka coupe got to this condition. there aren't that many inka CS in the USA.

jmackro

Reaction score
Check out the "Fred Flintstone" floors:

Really Rough e9.jpg

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
LOOKS LIKE YOU COULD SAVE THE GRILLE ON THE INKA
THATS ABOUT IT LOOKS LIKE ABOUT 50K TO GET IT STREET WORTHY
MAYBE WORTH 1500
IF I HAD MONEY IT WOULD BE FUN TO TACKLE

scottd

Reaction score
Yeah anything outside (like this) has been obliterated by rain and Sun down here. This is actually in Ft. Lauderdale i think, and not in a particularly desirable area.

Scott

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
well i can guarantee you that the two coupes in ATL on CL are in a horrible area of town ... and i for one am not volunteering to drive down and look at them.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
well i can guarantee you that the two coupes in ATL on CL are in a horrible area of town ... and i for one am not volunteering to drive down and look at them.

Oh come on! Leave your coupe at home. Take your other car. :D

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
poor sad coupe. Looks like it was sitting in salt water....
Save the VIN tag
The way prices are going up, that could be worth something

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That is a sad sight. It would be interesting to learn the journey that this poor coupe went on. I like the VIN tag idea. If Inka is the original color, I could see some incentive to turn it into a car again. There are at least two or three parts that do not need to be replaced. The rest is open to artist interpretation. :)

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That is a sad sight. It would be interesting to learn the journey that this poor coupe went on. I like the VIN tag idea. If Inka is the original color, I could see some incentive to turn it into a car again. There are at least two or three parts that do not need to be replaced. The rest is open to artist interpretation. :)
Left and right mirror...most of the aluminum trim, maybe tail lights....

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ha! you guys are are starting to see the forest through the trees on this one. :D

A buddy and I ran the numbers when he first found this car in late December. The numbers are favorable if you were determined to part it out and didn't have to ship it all that far. However, the seller seems very shady. Anyway the buyder decided to hold off and he generally isn't queasy about this kind of stuff.

IMO it is very difficult to part out an e9, at least for a sentimental parts hoarder like myself. Every part of an e9 is of value to someone. It's not at all like an e24 or e28 where you take the good stuff off and send the rest to pick 'n pull. Even if you don't want to make money off said parts if you send it to the crusher it will be crushed and those parts are gone forever. Unless you have time to strip and sort the *entire car. Even the remaining sheetmetal is worth money. My CSI is in nearly identical shape metal-wise, and I have several buyers lined up for the remaining good sheetmetal. Lack of time and the unwillingness to send the shell to the crusher just yet is the main reason why I still have mine in the garage. It's got to go soooon though! I don't eny enyone trying to store one of these eye sores on their property.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Markos said:
IMO it is very difficult to part out an e9
From a man who knows...
Your (anyone's) sensitivity to the tangible value of these diminishing parts is what keeps them alive to see another mile.

Tirekikr

Site Donor
Reaction score
I got off the phone w/ the owner yesterday & it's sold. Hopefully, another E9 enthusiast can resurrect this beauty :cool: