Increase in SCAM attempts - Please read

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
The number of members being contacted privately by scammers has had a noticeable increase lately. We already manually validate accounts to keep the bots and scammers to a minimum but it is not fool proof. If you get contacted by someone you don't know in a private message (Conversation) Google their email address and see if they pop up on any scam lists or other forum posts. The few I've been alerted to had all kinds of history of scamming on other car forums and was obvious within a few seconds.

A lot of this is just paying attention to the details. If it's a member of the forum with 300 posts there's very little risk. If the member is new with zero or very few posts that are vague, be diligent.

You can also contact the Admins if you'd like some help.

Bavman

Reaction score
Hmm....I always request to be contacted by email, as I cannot load this site often. Maybe I will have to go back to the phone.

Thanks for keeping us safe

Al Taylor

dj_efk

Reaction score
Al, you have 500+ posts to your name so I think anyone you request to communicate with on email from here knows you’re legit!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Al, you have 500+ posts to your name so I think anyone you request to communicate with on email from here knows you’re legit!

Also @Bavman has been a member for 10 years. His prices are so reasonable that it may seem too good to be true however. :D