I took the leap from British to German in Connecticut

richrfd

Reaction score
Hi. I restore old cars as a hobby, and have done mostly British cars. I decided to venture into BMW's and completed a 1972 BMW 2002 a few months ago. But what I really wanted was a BMW 3.0 CS. I finally found a 1973 in Georgia and had it shipped to me in Connecticut, where I am now discovering a whole new world of challenges. I am here to learn more about these cars and to learn from others who have worked on them. I am also interested if there is anyone in the Connecticut area who is familiar with these.
Rich

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome.
My parents had a long history with British cars but I was always attracted to the German ones.
This is an excellent forum for the E9 and E3.
Start a restoration thread when you get into it so we can follow along.

Ian

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Rich,

Congrats on the purchase! We followed that one closely. It seems like a good car with a known history.

G

Reaction score
Hi. I restore old cars as a hobby, and have done mostly British cars. I decided to venture into BMW's and completed a 1972 BMW 2002 a few months ago. But what I really wanted was a BMW 3.0 CS. I finally found a 1973 in Georgia and had it shipped to me in Connecticut, where I am now discovering a whole new world of challenges. I am here to learn more about these cars and to learn from others who have worked on them. I am also interested if there is anyone in the Connecticut area who is familiar with these.
Rich

I've heard great things about these guys and are very familiar with vintage Bmw's .
https://www.facebook.com/sportscarplainville/

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Is that your CS In your Avatar?

How about more pics and description of all it has? AC? Sunroof? 4-speed? Plans for it?

Congrats! lots of excellent info on this board! Premier site for E9s (and maybe E3's too?!?!)!

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes welcome Rich. I too graduated from British to the Coupe. Still drive my Healey BJ8, just begun restoration on an AH Bugeye, and they are SO simple compared to what goes on with the Coupe. But as has been pointed out already, THIS is the place to be. Whatever you come up against, has all been solved before, and the projects of others here are always motivating. Good luck!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I used to have a Jag XJ12c.

I recently got a 1999 Mini Cooper 40th anniv. w/a Honda VTEC. I still like British cars obviously!

20170717_133149_HDR-1.jpg