i need some opinions on the interior

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm working up a plan for the interior. I do my own upholstery work so it's really just about material choices.

I'm planning to do oxblood seats and door cards, and black carpet.
The main question is, should I keep the dash black (I need to repair it so I can change it if i want) and the console. or match the console to the seats? or no?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It’s easy to change seats and door cards, a dash is another matter. I personally wouldn’t modify it so much that you or the next owner couldn’t take it back to stock.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Keep dash and console black.

Not a fan when everything on the inside is the same color (except black)

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Agree - dash and console in black would look sharp, contrast/compliment the oxblood, and also match the carpet.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Have you even SEEN an E9 w/an all-colored interior? Ick.

I prefer a black dash myself, but in some cases, it doesn't look too bad IMO.

Click for bigger pics:
image.jpg
image1.jpg

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
If I were matching the carpet to the upholstery, then maybe, but I think it will balance out nicely to have the carpet and dash match.

now, what should I do about the headliner? seems like a white headliner would be out of place.

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hmmm. I love the plan, so far. If you didn't go white on the headliner, what would be the options? black? I don't think that would work well...would feel like a goth ride or something. I understand about white seeming out of place when I think about it, but not sure in reality...might be a really good clean look to not draw any attention to.. can't wait to see this come together! I just picked up an old industrial sewing machine and I'm getting pumped to play a bit...:)

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
StephenZ said:
I understand about white seeming out of place when I think about it, but not sure in reality...might be a really good clean look to not draw any attention to...
Right. I liken the clean white headliner much like the chrome on the car. We wouldn't discuss making the chrome another color (typically on these cars, anyway). It is the definition of trim on the exterior (bumpers, door handles, etc) on a classic car. My opinion, anyway...