I need a repair CD or DVD

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
maybe you can help me on this

I have heard about a repair manual for the e9 (original reference of BMW 01 56 0 036 111 ), it seems to be a CD or DVD

aop504.jpg

does anyone know it? and can advise about the utility of it, how it works (as a catalog, pop-up drawings and instructions,..), is it like the HAYNES ? or the workshop manuals ?

finaly I wonder if anyone has a dowloadable copy ¿?

regards

Stefan

Reaction score
Not recommended!

I would not recommend this CD. If it's still the same version I bought a few years back, it only works with computer less than 512 MB RAM. The price is also scaring !
Well, with some data knowledge it's possible to adjust the startup procedure in a modern computer to max 512MB RAM.

But still, I thought the content was not to impressing. I find almost the same information in the "free" download E3-E9 manuals that (earlier) was found on Tech Info side.
I also believe there are some threads regarding "free" manuals downloads.

deQuincey - if I did not manage to convince you, PM me.

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
The link HBChris posted has the Shop Manual in it ( http://www.e9-driven.com/Public/Library/BMW-E9-Manual/pages/en/index.html ). The link I posted to La Jolla is to buy the CD version at Carl's online store and I agree that it is not easy to use - PC only so mac users avoid. I gave mine away years ago.

I would recommend getting a set of the manuals in hard copy (aka the Blue Books) as they are more convenient to use with the car on the side of the highway. The online link is great for researching problems in comfort.

Doug