I need a Dash, for my 2800CS for sale

Reaction score
I all, I've been trying to market my 71' 2800 CS. It was "mostly Restored" two years ago, with many serious up-grades, inc. Getrag 5 Speed Tranmission, Triple Weber Side Draft Carbs, Headers, electronic Ignition, and the list goes on. I'm sure most of you have seen my car advertised on this site, (red and tan), on Ebay, Craigslist and others. This is a Beautiful Euro model,car, Rust Free, inspected several times by others, with positive results. With interior and exterior re-done.
The only thing lacking is the dash. It has both cracks and the wood veneer is in sad shape. Can anyone help with info on , eighter finding a good used dash, (preferred Option), or info on aquiring the wood veneer to re-do the dash? My upholster can deal with the vinyl. Any help here would be apreciated, or if someone is looking for a excellent example of a 2800CS? I have already Spent the money on these desirable and expensive up-grades. Please call me @ 503-325-1957 or email me @ robert(underscore)lesher(at)hotmail(dot)com Bob

Brendan E

Reaction score
I suggest you try CoupeKing.. You"ll find his details on this forum.. I recall seeing full sets of veneers listed on his website.

Good luck with the sale

paul corcoran

Reaction score
new and refurb dash

hi PM sent.

thanks paul

Attachments

• IMG_0619.JPG
    IMG_0619.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 147

jmackro

Reaction score
Can anyone help with info on , eighter finding a good used dash, (preferred Option), or info on aquiring the wood veneer to re-do the dash?

Bob:

Not to take business away from people on this thread, CoupeKing, or anyone else. But, just to give you a complete list of alternatives, Madera Concepts sells replacement wood for e9's. I got a set of dash pieces for my coupe from Madera, and was very pleased with the fit and appearance.

http://www.maderaconcepts.com/NewSite/VehiclePages/bmw_vehicles.html

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For our barn find we had a carpenter, really much more than that! redo the wood pieces. All the wood for about $300. Now it did NOT need relaminating. But sold the wood to a guy in CA at a reasonable price who was really happy. I still have photos.

Steve

paul corcoran

Reaction score
new dashboard

Paul,
Are you fabricating those pieces from scratch?
I am curious about the console panel.
Stan

hi stan,

yes we are making new dashboards and door capping from scratch CNC'd from birch ply and veneered or supplied bare and in left and right versions including the grab rail with the undulations.

these are new pieces, we can veneer in any wood and any finish satin to full-on high gloss polyurethane

i am setting up an online shop

bmwe9parts.com

which i will launch soon, it will be a secure shopify website where you will be able to order all pieces individually or as sets (a few options) calculate shipping and pay via credit card or paypal, ill post about that once everything is ready. (end of july probably) and ill be offering all panels door cards boot cards etc, upholstery, carbon firbre boot/bonet and body kits, lowering springs, m30 conversion plates for throttle bodies, bike brake calliper sets, carpet sets, headlining and used parts...

thanks for the interest

Last edited:

dealhunter0

Reaction score
I'm drooling already...

hi stan,

i am setting up an online shop

bmwe9parts.com

which i will launch soon, it will be a secure shopify website where you will be able to order all pieces individually or as sets (a few options) calculate shipping and pay via credit card or paypal, ill post about that once everything is ready. (end of july probably) and ill be offering all panels door cards boot cards etc, upholstery, carbon firbre boot/bonet and body kits, lowering springs, m30 conversion plates for throttle bodies, bike brake calliper sets, carpet sets, headlining and used parts...

thanks for the interest