I just couldn't stop myself opening Pandora's Box!

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
isn't 40 cm a bit to "big" size for a E9 ? i found a 38 cm already "big".

i prefer my 36 cm. :)
Personally, I love the look and feel of the 40cm wheel. Not to say I don't also like my 38cm Petri, but as I understand it, back in 1973 when my CSi was built, the 40cm Petri was the more likely option.

Don't knock the big fella until you've tried it Barry ;)

Cheers!
Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: JDH

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
isn't 40 cm a bit to "big" size for a E9 ? i found a 38 cm already "big".

i prefer my 36 cm. :)

The factory wood wheel and the CSI sport wheel are both 42cm. 40 isn’t too big. It was the decacto advertised factory Petri Sport option for the CS. The foam 38 petri was for a 2002 (or VW), and the leather Petri was a factory CSL part.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
i was not referring to originality / factory … but to my personal drivers feel. Yes , in that era all steering wheels were "big" , coming from a time without power steering imho.... 50 years ago there were , over here , few concrete roads , alot were cobblestones or even gravel ….. so no need for "sharp" steering feel , more keeping the kickback in the steering compfy. Oh , and let us not forget , the tires from that time.....:)

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bela just sent me these photos of the refinished wood for the CSi. I couldn't be more pleased with the finished result :D

3CC3EF03-BA45-4137-8E6E-0B590CC9D558.jpeg

0854458F-4EAE-4CC5-B37C-F08862A3E294.jpeg

39D8BDB4-6A41-4541-934B-326AC4C5E615.jpeg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that is going to look gorgeous in you CSi ... the sheen is perfect and the veneer is great. look forward to seeing the installed pics

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words everyone:)

Something worthy of mention to the group regarding the wood renovation project. Bela was about to ship the wood back to me two weeks ago when he reported noticing imperfections in two of the door trim pieces. He apologized for the delay but insisted on redoing the offending items.

I really appreciate Bela's attention to detail and perfectionist attitude and I would encourage anyone contemplating wood restoration to send it to Bela. You won't be disappointed.

Cheers!
Dan

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words everyone:)

Something worthy of mention to the group regarding the wood renovation project. Bela was about to ship the wood back to me two weeks ago when he reported noticing imperfections in two of the door trim pieces. He apologized for the delay but insisted on redoing the offending items.

I really appreciate Bela's attention to detail and perfectionist attitude and I would encourage anyone contemplating wood restoration to send it to Bela. You won't be disappointed.

Cheers!
Dan
The mark of a true artisan, craftsperson, and professional.

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Got my latest delivery from Walloth & Nesch today, including a few panels and a new tool tray for the boot compartment. Everything looks great except, because I am an idiot that should take more care when ordering on-line, I accidentally bought a few spare panels :rolleyes:

Basically, I now have an extra outer left hand sill panel (A41351814069) @ 142.82 Euros, an extra right rear lower 1/4 panel and rear sill section with jacking point (A41111770004) @ 92.39 Euros and an extra left rear lower 1/4 panel and rear sill section with jacking point (A4111177003) @ 92.39 Euros.

If anyone here in the states needs the spare panels, I will ship them to the mainland US for free (the shipping, not the panels).

Cheers!
Dan

112718dm1.jpg

These are the panels I need.....

112718dm2.jpg

I only need one of these LH outer sills :rolleyes: This panel is now sold to a forum member :D

112718dm3.jpg

And I only need 1 of these....This panel is now sold to a forum member :D

112718dm4.jpg

And I only need 1 of these... This panel is now sold to a forum member :D

Last edited:

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can't believe it has been so long since I did any work to the CSi and updated this thread. The truth is it is really difficult to justify putting the car into the schedule when the shop is so busy with paying customers. Having said that, I have now booked some shop time for the panel replacement and to celebrate I had one of my trim guys install the new GAHH seat covers to the spare front seats supplied by @rsporsche. I decided to keep the original velour covered seats intact just in case a future owner wanted to return to that spec.

The seats came out pretty well. Not perfect, but very presentable. I could really use new chrome trim that fits around the seat back shell as mine is a little beaten up. Not sure if that is available new? Anyway, I have attached a couple of pics and will update the thread again once we get the panel replacement underway in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers to all!
Dan

9820dm2.jpg

9820dm4.jpg