I just couldn't stop myself opening Pandora's Box!

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
For those who have shipped Lokaris to USA, is the price of shipping 67 Euro (ouch) or 16.81 Euro? The 2 options are not explained. Thanks

I recall 60-ish Euro (these are big pieces), which is why we’ve did a mini-group buy. Suggest you get together with other E9 owners in your area and order 2-4 sets at one time. Exec shipping these with the USA is probably going to be $20. But compared to keeping crap out of the fender pockets etc, priceless. Or go get some old Volvo liners and hack them up. Personally, I just like saying the word “Lokari,” when telling people to bend over (and have a look).

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've got some new volvo liners but have never put them on. Didn't want to drill holes. I guess i need to come to terms with that

I recall 60-ish Euro (these are big pieces), which is why we’ve did a mini-group buy. Suggest you get together with other E9 owners in your area and order 2-4 sets at one time. Exec shipping these with the USA is probably going to be $20. But compared to keeping crap out of the fender pockets etc, priceless. Or go get some old Volvo liners and hack them up. Personally, I just like saying the word “Lokari,” when telling people to bend over (and have a look).

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not much to report with my CSi so far this month, although I did just receive my restored and recalibrated MPH speedo from Nisonger Instruments, and my Lokari inner front wing liners were also delivered this afternoon.

Cheers!
Dan
41718dm1.jpg

Miles were matched the the kms on the original speedo, as we believe them to be original

41718dm2.jpg

Lokari liners are extremely light weight aluminum panels

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
How do you attach these liners? Do they come in and out easily?
I think I would be worried about what is happening behind them that I can't see

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
How do you attach these liners? Do they come in and out easily?
I think I would be worried about what is happening behind them that I can't see
Hi Mark,

I am going to have my guys install several threaded studs up inside the wheel arches and inner fenders so that I can secure the liners with nuts, making them easy to remove periodically to clean out anything that gets behind them. My feeling, having seen them, is that they look like they will stop 95% of the debris and road grime that normally collects beneath the front wings......which has to be a good thing :D
Cheers!
Dan

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Today I packaged up the interior wood trim and shipped it off to Bela in Hungary. I am still undecided on the finish. I am torn between staying pretty traditional with French Walnut, or a very bold Zebrano. I have asked Bela to send me some photos of my options, but as of now, I don't know what to do o_O

Cheers!
Dan

72418dm1.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Today I packaged up the interior wood trim and shipped it off to Bela in Hungary. I am still undecided on the finish. I am torn between staying pretty traditional with French Walnut, or a very bold Zebrano. I have asked Bela to send me some photos of my options, but as of now, I don't know what to do o_O

Cheers!
Dan

View attachment 49620

Looking at that console wood makes me wonder if you are considering an AC upgrade while your dash is apart. Seems appropriate in your neck of the woods, especially since you already have another AC-less E9! ;)

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
Dan , i was always against those liners… yes, they keep stones outside but sure no water.... and how long does it take to dry out once in the garage compared to a car without ???? i have my doubts….

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looking at that console wood makes me wonder if you are considering an AC upgrade while your dash is apart. Seems appropriate in your neck of the woods, especially since you already have another AC-less E9! ;)
Ha! You know I am Mark, but I thought I might as well get that bottom shelf redone with everything else. It was 110 deg here yesterday and still ran errands in the CSL :eek:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dan,

i think with the blue interior, zebrano would be really cool, unique and bold without being overstated. i thought about it a long while but with the black interior, i needed more orange. if you stayed with walnut your options for figured european / french walnut are very limited as most of that walnut is difficult to find in figured veneer.

go for it ... it can always be undone if somebody just had to be original ... but in your case, that is what the CSL is for ... the CSi is to be the way you want it to be.

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dan,

i think with the blue interior, zebrano would be really cool, unique and bold without being overstated. i thought about it a long while but with the black interior, i needed more orange. if you stayed with walnut your options for figured european / french walnut are very limited as most of that walnut is difficult to find in figured veneer.

go for it ... it can always be undone if somebody just had to be original ... but in your case, that is what the CSL is for ... the CSi is to be the way you want it to be.
Thanks Scott. How about this? Too bold ? I think it would look good with the dark blue interior.

72418dm3.jpg

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I like the Zebrano myself.

Keeping the center speaker? I like it removed. CLeaner, but of course, not stock.

cscocomats1-jpg.15157

I had Madera Concepts do the Zebrano wood 14 years ago and still looks as good as it did then. I had them fill the speaker hole. Just Dashes did the dash and I got rid of the seat belt reminder. I think it totaled about $2500 for both, which seemed like a fortune back then. I took it all apart and put it back together.

The car just puts me in a good mood anytime I get in it.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had Madera Concepts do the Zebrano wood 14 years ago and still looks as good as it did then. I had them fill the speaker hole. Just Dashes did the dash and I had them remove the seat belt reminder. I think it totaled about $2500 for both, which seemed like a fortune back then. I took it all apart and put it back together.

I think that is a $5K job now. I want to say that Madera charges $3K and Just Dashes is slightly under $2K (cheaper if you can drive to their shop ;))

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had Madera Concepts do the Zebrano wood 14 years ago and still looks as good as it did then. I had them fill the speaker hole. Just Dashes did the dash and I got rid of the seat belt reminder. I think it totaled about $2500 for both, which seemed like a fortune back then. I took it all apart and put it back together.

It does look beautiful Vince, and 2.5k sounds like a bargain these days :)

EJ333

Reaction score
I think that is a $5K job now. I want to say that Madera charges $3K and Just Dashes is slightly under $2K (cheaper if you can drive to their shop ;))
If you are within driving distance of either Madera Concepts or Just Dashes, can they do the job from A-Z so that a person who prefers not to remove and reinstall the dash wood pieces just writes the check ?
Is one place or the other preferable ?