Hugh Hefner's 1973 CS

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Pretty sure I looked at this car a couple of years ago, think I still may have the pics. It has a lot of hidden issues! RUST in many places, surprise!

biltoo

Reaction score
This car was in some Car Museum near St. Louis MO and the asking was around 55k when I reached out to ask about the price
so $68plusswitpluiwht
Chicks dig guys who can't spell their own names.

1973-bmw-30-cs-hugh-hefner-02.jpg

9a1adcf58bbd1ff154c8f5753aee639a.jpg

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hugh's E9 is coming up for sale again with bidding starting August 31, 2019, 10:00 AM PST.

I saw the auction link on Hemmings.com and they are using the same photos that were listed here in 2017. Opening bid of $20K. The car is in Southern Missouri in the tourist town of Branson now. VIN is 2240533. Maybe someone could update the registry.

Hard to say what the value of a celebrity owner is. For me it's a negative.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It has been at the Celebrity Car Museum in Branson. For me, that town is like being stuck in a nightmare. But the museum wasn't as bad as you'd think, or at least a diversion from the horror show outside, so long as you like cars and movies/TV. I don't recall seeing this car a few years ago, and as you might imagine, this car would be sorely out of place among a crowd lusting to see General Lees and Bandit TAs.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
The interior may be black but that’s embossed vinyl, not leather and it looks blue which would be common for Polaris. It also has early style headrests, early bumper guards, missing wiper speed switch, missing black instrument bezels and no engine photos. Even I could make a service book with Hef’s name in it!
Why would anyone want a service book with your pics in it?

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If it sold for $40K, I will be amazed, a lot of rust, must be the Playboy image! LOL

I do wonder if it would have done better or worse at a bigger auction or BaT. That auction seemed more focused in celebrity collectors.