Houston/Sarasota

KennyHouston

Reaction score
Hey all. Just joined the site. Former owner of 2002s and an '81 528i, I parked my ambition to own an e9 for about 30 years. Now reviving the search. I split my time between Houston and Sarasota, so will be interested in getting familiar with state of the art A/C mods! --Ken

scottd

Reaction score
Ken,
Greetings from South Florida. I am originally from St. Pete. I can say the only coupe I've seen in 10 years is in my garage! All kidding aside, I've seen two I think and they were pretty rusty. Best of luck with your search. I think a few are posted here. What are you looking for specifically?

Scott

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They finally let you in here? There goes the neighborhood :)

JamesW is on here and was your neighbor.

KennyHouston

Reaction score
First, Stevehose, thanks for the hearty welcome. Need I remind you that I was turning wrenches on British steel while you were still biting tires in diapers? I will remember this next holiday visit, when you'll get the usual gift (you get to take me for a ride in the Polaris!).

ScottD, thanks for weighing in. I have the usual lust for a clean 3.0 CS or CSI, not collector quality but well-cared for and dry. Usual mods (esp A/C and cooling upgrades) welcome, but basically looking for a stock car that I can pamper. It will live most of its life in a climate-controlled garage in Sarasota, and as the above paragraph suggests, my fastest days are behind me. So call me a safe pair of hands for someone looking to pass on his valued ride.

On the other hand, if I see the right Tii first, that garage bay may be occupied! Will look forward to meeting you sometime.

Hello James. Did sell the house on Cortlandt Street and living in a high rise on Allen Parkway now. You wouldn't believe some of the decoration in the garage here.

Ken

jamesw

Reaction score
Hi Ken,

Good to see you on here. I live three blocks over from your old place - on Harvard St. My in-laws live in Venice so we can meet up at either place lol!

Please come by and check out my E9. It used to belong to John Hein who passed away a few years ago. I work with his wife Sharla so was allowed to purchase this beautiful coupe :)

It's car-show season in Houston again so let's meet up. My coupe has modern AC with a cross-flow condenser, rotary compressor, R134 system and a BIG ASS fan lol.

Cheers
James

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Ken,

Good to see you on here. I live three blocks over from your old place - on Harvard St. My in-laws live in Venice so we can meet up at either place lol!

Cheers
James

back in the early 80's, i lived at 911 Harvard. and in 1905, my grandmother lived at 1122 Harvard. i love the Heights. used to go to Fitzgeralds to hear live music on White Oak - what a fire trap ... but a lot of fun.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome to FL

I am down in the Ft Myers area on Sanibel. I used to have an air conditioned 3.0 CS but traded it for a CSL without AC and fixed rear windows.

I would be less concerned about AC, since with all four windows down the E9 is actually somewhat tolerable and even if it blows ice cold, the fact that you only have this two vents in the center means that only your right knee gets cool.

I drive the CSL in mornings only. Right now it is up north getting some re-restoration work done. I have never seen another e9 here in Ft Myers. There is a nice Fjord coupe in the Tampa area owned by a Mr. Mann, and Dirk in Miami has one, and Mike Walker in Lake Worth has two.

There is a great car show next weekend in Naples called cars on Fifth. I will be there with the 1M this time. About 400 cars. The Revs Institute Museum in Naples is also a must.

Scott

ggus

Reaction score
Welcome Kenny, we have members in Houston and I'm in Austin- quite a few e9's in-between!

Hi guys, we moved to Houston six months ago and my coupe does not have AC. We came from the San Fran bay area and did not need it, but with the windows down it should be too bad. Between Houston and Austin we should get a gathering of coupes going.

KennyHouston

Reaction score
Hey guys, good to see all these posts. I am on the road a lot and just lost track of time over the last few weeks. ggus, check with me in late June, I'll set you up with a shop that can get that A/C installed. I spent 6 years in the Bay Area and was never hot. I haven't spent 6 months in Houston where I wasn't too hot to enjoy driving with the windows down. Austin's a different story -- there I lived happily without it. SW Florida is not this bad, either.

Still looking...