Hi from France

Tomcat

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all,

When I was young (17 to 24) my parents drove a 3.0 CSi Chamonix, and I fall in love with this fabulous car.
The car has its motor broken one day and none of my parents would like to repair it, as they were about to divorce.
I let this car go to a car trader as I couldn't get the money to repair it, and I never forgot it.

Until last year, when I decided - at 54 - to look for a 3.0 and found this fabulous "brand new like" coupe that I'm the proud owner now: 1972 3.0 CSi Chamonix, blue velvet interior, 135000km (84000 miles)

I did a very few work on it, and replace the steering wheel by a nice Petri

It's a fantastic car and I'm so happy to drive it every weekend. Of course I have some question for you but they will come later :)

Thanks to welcome

BMW 01 front.jpg

BMW 01 back.jpg

BMW 01 interior.jpg

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome! You're right, fabulous car! It's never too late to own one... More photos when you get time.

Dan

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks like you found a good one. The steering wheel was the first part I bought for my car. I actually bought it almost a year before I acquired the car (I spent three years looking for my car).

Tomcat

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like you found a good one. The steering wheel was the first part I bought for my car. I actually bought it almost a year before I acquired the car (I spent three years looking for my car).

I must admit I have been very lucky, as someone offered to buy his only 2 weeks after posting my ad on a french forum... exactly the same we used to drive 30 years ago :oops:
A car owned by an enthusiast, and sold to an enthusiast. What better story for both of us? :)

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Tomcat Congratulations. Here is mine, only owned a couple of months. The Blue Vinyl roof has been on the car from new :)

It is an unrestored car but has had it's velour (velvet) interior replaced with leather.

5-front-driver-side.jpeg

11-rear-to-passenger-side.jpeg

Tomcat

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very nice car Michael, the vinyl roof reminds me some jaguar XJ coupe
I didn't see the headlamp wipers before, either