Hi Everyone!

Haseeb

Reaction score
Hi guys! I am new here, I bought a 1972 BMW Bavaria (automatic), that needs a decent amount of work before it is up and running properly (brake caliper seized, backfiring because carburator, body work) , but I'm excited to be here and able to chat with you guys! (note, I am not the most mechanically adept person lol)

Attachments

• 28277067_289079714954712_2103161872776791923_n.jpg
    28277067_289079714954712_2103161872776791923_n.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 250

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome. Very cool color on your car.

If those are Ronal wheels, I suggest you keep them. I have a set of Ronal six spokes on my e34 and they are rock solid. My son managed to bend one, and the wheel shop guy said most wheels he sees can't be repaired, but he managed to fix mine.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

If those are Ronal wheels, I suggest you keep them. I have a set of Ronal six spokes on my e34 and they are rock solid. My son managed to bend one, and the wheel shop guy said most wheels he sees can't be repaired, but he managed to fix mine.
Haseeb, please look at the post above yours about the green 3.0CS. Scroll to the bottom and you will see a couple of replies from me that should be here.
Steve

Haseeb

Reaction score

Thanks for the Welcome! The wheels say "Borbet" on them, never heard of the company prior, but the previous owner tells me they weren't cheap!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks for the Welcome! The wheels say "Borbet" on them, never heard of the company prior, but the previous owner tells me they weren't cheap!

Those are also very good wheels. Both the Ronals and the Borbets are on the heavy side because of the way they were made, so many people change them to get a slight improvement in performance (slightly faster steerinh response and braking). The Borbets will be more comfortable and durable.