Hershey, PA show

PaulinPa

Reaction score
Just got back from Hershey,great show,lot's of cars and vendors,beautiful day,and not one thing BMW related!I'm not surprised tho.Best deal we saw,'79 Honda Civic with 70,000 miles original condition for $4000.Worst deal,'65 VW bus totally crapped out rusty(made coupes look solid) for $8500.00!!!He'll be towin that back home.Coolest car,unknown year Buick LeSabre concept car.Looked like a silver Batmobile complete with some big port/tailight in center of rear bumper.Very unique.Might have been a turbine car. Anyway best show in years.Wear good walking shoes and bring your own water ($3 a bottle)

Jonathan

Reaction score
Paul,

You missed what appeared to be a near perfect code #40 Nachtblue '72 Euro CSi that was restored by a...Carpenter who didn't know much about the car and only had sparse documentation. Engine bay spotless as was paint job and trunk and it had the original thick, pock marked leather seats in good conidition. I would have thought it was perfect until I started noticing odd things such as incorrect nobs where the air and windshield wipers are, incorrect wiper hose placement, incorrect battery placement, incorrect period radio... It was a 3.5/5 sp. upgrade and the bottom looked clean (at least that is what POR-15 can do--hide the bondo and make it look clean). He asked 40K and none less. A guy from Germany was hovering around the car all day but I don't think it sold. Did you see the cool Amphicar and the ultra-hip vintage Messerschmitt micro car with the bubble roof (think Top Gear episode)?

There was also a truly 100 point 2002 tii that had an AACA first place Senior award. Very hard to attain but the car looked like it came right from the new dealer lot... A fantastic day with unbelievable car selection including over 6 Stanley Steamers from circa 1900-1909.

Jonathan

PaulinPa

Reaction score
We walked the whole "for sale" road but it was Thursday so the cars might have come later in the week.Was the 2002 owned by Ed Ollum(sp?)He used to own the BMW dealership in Mechanicsburg and has some nice cars,including a coupe.

Jonathan

Reaction score
The coupe was not owned by Ed. Some guy named Mike who had no idea what he was talking about as to the originality of the car nor the history of it. And it had almost no documentation. I even think that the 16" Alpina's were fakes.
I was told by one of the AACA judges that Hershey is the largest Concours in the US (although no Pebble Beach but certainly a very large array of cars-- some of them from the 1900's that I've never heard of.

hdavis

Reaction score
I was there from Wednesday to Saturday and I managed to miss both BMWs!!!

As always it was great fun anyway