Help with VIN plates

Reaction score
What numbers should be engraved on the "chassis number plate" as shown below? I bought a blank plate from Jaymic some time ago and now is time to fit it but… the thing is written in german and I'm not able to decipher it.
Is there another plate, like a “manufacturer plate” (Karmann Karroserie)? These are only things I haven’t labelled and I don’t know how they go.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
The picture is not showing.

Based on what you are describing, it sounds like the tiny plate that goes in the front door jam on the driver's side. Has the VIN and paint code, along with production date.

Perhaps if you posted a link of this plate?

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the placement of the plate picture you sent me:
7c_1.jpg

You can see it behind the right shock tower.

Reaction score
Better.

Yes, that is exactly what I had figured. But what is it supposed to have written? "Typ" is the first line, the second is an enigmatic "Fahrgest.Nr." and the others must be weight parameters, in "kg".
Thanks.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Re: Better.

Pierrot Azul 73 said:
Yes, that is exactly what I had figured. But what is it supposed to have written? "Typ" is the first line, the second is an enigmatic "Fahrgest.Nr." and the others must be weight parameters, in "kg".
Thanks.

Typ: 3.0CS (or whatever model you have)
Fahrgest.Nr.= VIN, by the looks of a quick google search.

cdavie2002

Reaction score
I have the V5 document, and the chassis number matches what is stamped into the bulkhead; however my chassis/vin plate is pretty much rusted away. Who can o get a replacement stamped chassis plate from?

Wladek

Reaction score
Karmann door plate - have only colour number stamped in bottom line. Karmann didn't stamped chassis number in middle line.
611d46d0-6ebc-4de9-a172-a1f71791d19f.jpg

BMW under hood plate with stamped VIN number + painted weight information (depends on engine type).
aa.JPG

cdavie2002

Reaction score
Yes, the 2nd of your attached pics, the plate showing VIN & weight info. That is what I need a replacement of.