Hello - looking for educated opinions on this one

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
You will need some specific under hood,under car, under dash shots. They should be well lit. If that checks out, go to step 2. Rust is everything . Might have some potential if it is solid. I thought it was Green from those shots.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
You will need some specific under hood,under car, under dash shots. They should be well lit. If that checks out, go to step 2. Rust is everything . Might have some potential if it is solid. I thought it was Green from those shots.

This car has been for sale for a while. Also on BMWCCA Classifieds. If the seller, who is in the middle of nowhere, really wants to sell this car long distance, he needs to take a hundred high res photos and put them on photobucket. Impossible to tell anything from these low res photos. One person whom you may consuly is Dan from coupeguy.com. He is in northern Colorado and perhaps could take a look for you.

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
I asked about that one too. Got a few more pictures from the seller that were not really helpful, but I did catch two areas that seemed like they were rusty (top of inner fenders and lower right rear quarter). I asked for more pics from underneath and floor pans , but never heard back from seller. Decided to let it go because it's further than I want to travel to inspect a car that might be a POS. Didn't look to be a diamond in the rough.

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
The tops of the front inner fenders look a little wavy, I don't see the factory sound deadening and it looks like they've been repainted.

That would seem to indicate a previous repair there and that is really complicated, really expensive work and it wasn't done right.

I wouldn't think twice about that car unless you plan a full body restoration. Too bad, the interior looks nice.

sknyski

Reaction score
Looks fine for a $9K car. I'd jump on it. If you're planning on driving it as is then it should be fine. If you're looking for a full resto then you're talking $50K+ anyway, so it's a rounding error if the initial buy is a few $k in either direction.

full disclosure: I just bought a $9K '72CSa off eBay sight unseen and I got what I expected.

bt

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The seller's honesty seems commendable. Although lack of telling photos is a problem. I would offer $6500 and see what happens. Or keep looking for a $9k coupe in better condition. I would insist the goodies(Nardi wheel etc) be included in the purchase price.

Victor

Reaction score
Having spent two years looking for mine and I paid similar $.
That car is as good as there is out there in that price range.

Won't hurt to make an offer though.

Good luck

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
There is overspray in several place around the inner front fenders...look at the strut nuts and the round silver relays....the inner fenders have been hastily patched and I'd bet they used fiberglass, bondo, etc.

I'd rather have an "honest" car than one that is hiding something. FWIW, my car had a dime sized bubble there....I started to pick at it and ended up with a hole I can put my hand through. By the time those upper area rust there is horror underneath.

If your plan is immediate restoration then no worries. If you're going in with an understanding it will need lots of work, same thing.