Hello From Northern Virginia

John Kampschror

Site Donor
Reaction score
What a fantastic forum! Last December, I purchased a non road worthy and rusty but complete 1972 3.0csi. Nice car that I was ready to dive into and restore. The more I read this forum, the more I decided against doing all the work required. "Buy the best you can afford" are words of advice that I have given before and after reading it several times on this forum, I decided to track down a nicer, road worthy E9. Sold my rusty non runner in one day and ended up buying an exceptional 1974 3.0cs. It has a very low mileage rebuilt 3.5 liter with a 5 speed and has never had any rust. It drives like a dream and has cold a/c. I've added early bumpers and Coupeking Alpina 16' alloys and am currently lowering the front end slightly. I had one 20 years ago that I should never have sold. I'm in love all over agai

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome, there's a wonderful group of people near you in Alexandria and around the beltway. Usually meet at Marshall Lytle's garage.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello John and welcome. I'm in Vienna. We should find a time to connect.

Have you been to cars n coffee at Katies yet?

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum john !!!

Always buy the best E9, you can afford , keep away from Resto projects , unless you are shitting money or have too much of it to burn into a E9 resto

Sharkie

Reaction score
Fantastic advice sandhu ! I totally agree, a lot of the resto projects have been worked on by so many people and you will most definitely be redoing a lot of their work. people have the best of intentions but iv'e seen a lot of "restoration" that is terribly done. just my humble opinion.