Hello From Hungary E9 3.0 CSi

Morrisadam

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Thanks for having me as a forum member. I just recently purchased an E9 3.0 CSi here in Hungary.
The car was started to get restored 14 years ago and painted blue 4 years ago. It was never completed since the owner lost time and need for having this car.
It has all the parts but needed to put all back together. (and obviously restore most of its original parts)
But first and foremost I have to paint it back to its original colour: Chamonix
It is manual and has sunroof and blue velvetish interiour.

Attachments

• IMG_5782.jpg
    IMG_5782.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_5781.jpg
    IMG_5781.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5778.jpg
    IMG_5778.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_5777.jpg
    IMG_5777.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_5775.jpg
    IMG_5775.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_5774.jpg
    IMG_5774.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 184

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. Looks like a nice project. Hopefully the hidden corrosion areas were addressed before paint 4 years ago. It will be quite a transformation to go back to the Chamonix color!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome and good luck with your project.
Welcome. My coupe is Polaris Silver, but I just purchased an all original 1972 2002 with 78 thousand miles on the odo. It is Chamonix and I have come to love it. After years of not .

Can't wait to see your progress and new paint.
Steve

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Too bad that it looks like a pretty nice paint job in Pastelblau, but it will look better in Chamonix. First time that I have seen that someone put black vinyl on the back piece of the dash...doesn't look that bad if you didn't know that it would have been wood from the factory...Car looks like it is good and solid..Welcome to the E9 forum!

Morrisadam

Reaction score
Thanks Everyone for the warm welcome!

I have read a lot of post about the restorations in this forum recently. Very wonderfull jobs everywhere.
First I was thinking about keeping the blue for a while, but than I saw RTHLSS1 projet and man I was amased how nice his car turned out. So what I am sure about is the color :)
All the otheres are rest to come.
"dave v. in nc" I am sure I will transform it to wood on the dash :)
I want to make the car as close to the original as possible. Maybe except the wheels.

Lenoxx

Site Donor
Reaction score
Too bad that it looks like a pretty nice paint job in Pastelblau, but it will look better in Chamonix. First time that I have seen that someone put black vinyl on the back piece of the dash...doesn't look that bad if you didn't know that it would have been wood from the factory...Car looks like it is good and solid..Welcome to the E9 forum!
Agree. That back panel on the dash looks kind of cool and modern