Hello from East Coast US

BikeRider

Site Donor
Reaction score
After having owned and sold several new model BMWs over say 20 years +/- I realized I wasn't the true BMW Guy as I thought I was. It was just about 5 years ago when I noticed an e9 via the internet. Beautiful, pure and perfect design representation of the BMW brand! I looked around a bit then the urge faded but never completely left. Recently, my urge was unexpectedly re-launched (big-time) when I saw a Polaris/Red CSi on BaT. Not knowing anything about a fair value I managed to hold to my preconceived max bid which was (I assume) not a fair offer as I was outbid. That experience got me going (I mean, questioned my BMWhood); I doubled down on my search, and within a few weeks purchased a 73 Fjord Metallic CSi from Oldenzaal Classics. My first time buying a car outside of the US so it's exciting and stressful at the same time. I'm working with OC to have the car shipped to the US while hoping to beat the first snow/salt fall! Looking forward to learning more from the group.

GPD

Greg
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome. Sorry you could not find an equivalent E3 but that is awesome all the same. Drove this car in high school but not as hard as I do now. This is my favorite place to hang out when not working. More knowledge here than an organic chemistry class.

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
Having grown up in Holland, and knowing a bit of Oldenzaal, I would say that you can’t go wrong. I’ve seen only quality stuff come out of both. I hope that your purchase is more than you could hope for. Good luck with enduring the wait,

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
In other words, about the same as mailing a Christmas present from MD to TX...Glad to have you in the fold. Send (and take) lots of pictures upon receipt.