Hello Everyone!

Albert

Reaction score
Hey Members,

My name is albert I am very new to this community. I have purchased my first 3.0 CS and I don't know what to expect haha. I look forward to seeking help from many of you and thanks in advance. If maybe anyone can shed some input on maybe certain people can help me with getting certain things for this restoration. Motor does run needs some love. Windshield I have but has a bit of hate on the bottom so I will be ordering a new one. I am missing the trims but I do have all the gaskets.

IMG_0644.JPG
IMG_0647.JPG

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Albert!

Welcome to the forum! The car sure looks pretty on the outside. With the missing front bumper and 2000 CS look rear bumper, this car seems to be mimicking Christian Heine's rather popular CSI. Post some pics of the inside and let us know what you need as far as parts go.

Last edited:

Albert

Reaction score
Hi Alvert!

Welcome to the forum! The car sure looks pretty on the outside. With the missing front bumper and 2000 CS look rear bumper, this car seems to be mimicking Christian Heine's rather popular CSI. Post some pics of the inside and let us know what you need as far as parts go.

Thank you! Yes, I am stuck between adding the airdam or keeping it like as is. I appreciate the warm welcome. I will add interior pics the dash needs to be done. The wood pieces are done for. The deaths we redone already so thats a good start. I have the headliner being redone now. I will make a list and post here of what I need. How do I post videos I have a video of the engine running but I could not upload it.

tmason

Reaction score
Welcome Albert and your adventure is only beginning!
PS What's up with the cars in the background? tii and maybe 535is?

Albert

Reaction score
Welcome Albert and your adventure is only beginning!
PS What's up with the cars in the background? tii and maybe 535is?

Yes sir! Quite a few bmw for sale some need love and some are ready to rock and roll. Everything from 850, 840, M5, 5 series and M6 Shark nose, etc...

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome from Sanibel (near Fort Myers). Where are you in FL?
There are e9coupe guys in every corner of FL.
Finding a windshield and gasket that actually fits can be a chore.
The new style gaskets tend to rumple up in the corners.
Scott

Albert

Reaction score
Pleasure to meet you! I am located down south in Kendall part of miami. Yeah I ordered a new one but I have a bmw original has some haze on the bottom so I will just sell it.

Welcome from Sanibel (near Fort Myers). Where are you in FL?
There are e9coupe guys in every corner of FL.
Finding a windshield and gasket that actually fits can be a chore.
The new style gaskets tend to rumple up in the corners.
Scott

CSdoc

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome but being a Newbie myself, not sure I have much to add but we can learn about these cars together !!

scottd

Reaction score
Welcome Albert. I live up in Broward. I can safely say that I have seen ONE coupe on the road in 17 years of living here, so you will get many admiring looks and comments, and lots of questions. My car is also an automatic, but is Fjord blue. Be sure to get your car running before the winter... when driving down here is pleasant due to temps dropping a bit.

Scott

Albert

Reaction score
Welcome but being a Newbie myself, not sure I have much to add but we can learn about these cars together !!

yeah I have a lot to learn lol I want to restore mine but I have a lot of work to do lol.

Albert

Reaction score
Welcome Albert. I live up in Broward. I can safely say that I have seen ONE coupe on the road in 17 years of living here, so you will get many admiring looks and comments, and lots of questions. My car is also an automatic, but is Fjord blue. Be sure to get your car running before the winter... when driving down here is pleasant due to temps dropping a bit.

Scott

thank you Scott! I have to say that I will have to make sure I have answers haha. Thank you for the welcome and I am trying to get the car running but I believe I need to change my carbs and I am not sure which direction to go in.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello, and welcome Albert. Sorry for the late response - I just saw your thread. My car came from Florida some time ago. Your car looks great - I like the rear bumper with deleted rubber. I also love the numerous BMWs strewn about the shop. Not really a bad view whichever direction you turn. :)

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello, and welcome Albert. Sorry for the late response - I just saw your thread. My car came from Florida some time ago. Your car looks great - I like the rear bumper with deleted rubber. I also love the numerous BMWs strewn about the shop. Not really a bad view whichever direction you turn. :)
I second "AutoKunst" about the absence of the rubber on the rear bumper. Mine "fell off" and for a while I ran w/o the rubber. But in the interest of originality in a highly unoriginal coupe with the usual invisible engine, tranny, suspension, etc mods, I now have the rubber back on. Look at the 2000CS for how it would look in original form.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome welcome!

Don't put in the windshield yet until you do the whole dash. Way easier to take out that way.

Rear bumper...looks just like mine! Just doesn't have the rubber on it. Get those now before they go NLA. In fact, get EVERYTHING now that you can before they go NLA.

Body looks in great shape and love the black paint!

Ya, definitely do a front air dam. They look naked/toothy IMHO without. Hope you have a front bumper. THose are getting harder and more $$$ these days. Try to find a pre-73 if you can. 73s just stick out a bit too much for my tastes.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
welcome Albert - i live north of the whole state - in georgia ... but i visit Miami quite often on business and will be spending more time in Boca in the coming years. Teahead has this right, get the dash correct (with wood) before you put the windshield in. If you get the rubber for the rear bumper, you will also want to get the new strips to mount the rubber on ... when the rubber falls off it is generally because the mounts rusted off. Coupeguy used to sell stainless strips but i don't remember seeing them recently on his site.

you may want to start a thread in projects and create a list of what you need and many people can help you fill that in.

Albert

Reaction score
Thank you! yes I like the rubber delete !

Albert

Reaction score
Welcome welcome!

Don't put in the windshield yet until you do the whole dash. Way easier to take out that way.

Rear bumper...looks just like mine! Just doesn't have the rubber on it. Get those now before they go NLA. In fact, get EVERYTHING now that you can before they go NLA.

Body looks in great shape and love the black paint!

Ya, definitely do a front air dam. They look naked/toothy IMHO without. Hope you have a front bumper. THose are getting harder and more $$$ these days. Try to find a pre-73 if you can. 73s just stick out a bit too much for my tastes.
hey,

yes no rubber and oh man I know I really need the air dam I just haven't decided if I keep the front chrome with the air dam or yes.

the dash I really don't know what to do to bring I.t to life that why I have not put windshield on lol.

thank you for all your kind words.

Albert

Reaction score
welcome Albert - i live north of the whole state - in georgia ... but i visit Miami quite often on business and will be spending more time in Boca in the coming years. Teahead has this right, get the dash correct (with wood) before you put the windshield in. If you get the rubber for the rear bumper, you will also want to get the new strips to mount the rubber on ... when the rubber falls off it is generally because the mounts rusted off. Coupeguy used to sell stainless strips but i don't remember seeing them recently on his site.

you may want to start a thread in projects and create a list of what you need and many people can help you fill that in.
oh this is awesome I will definitely do that with the thread because honestly I will need help this is a dream for me.