Headlight plastic grille surround repair

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
okay, with the center grille project successfully done from last weekend (with appologies to Steve Armstrong for not executing this as well as he did) I noticed the passenger side headlight grille surround had a broken mount. So I removed it and inspected it this morning and noticed several of the mounting points had the plastic broken or cracked. With Gorilla Glue and some small washers in hand, I reinforced each of the mounting points, including the big one in the corner that was missing most of the plastic trim around 50% of the screw hole. I hope this keeps thing secure a little longer.

Should we not commission a new batch of these grille surrounds to be made? I noticed a single side grille on ebay for close to $400!

Wayne
IMG_5786.JPG

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Wayne - good to see you are tackling your spring projects. If I remember correctly, Gary (M5bb) has been trying to get BMW to reproduce these for more than two years.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think Gary has had one on order for over 4 years. in talking with Gary on Sunday he mentioned that BMW had promised to have some in May. neither he, nor I are holding our breath.