headlight cover - thumbscrews (originality topic)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
a week or so ago when i noticed the black thumbscrews on Dan's new golf CSL ... i made a note about that and inquired whether any CSL came with black. this prompted another CSL owner to note that his were also black and put him into a mild panic mode.

I reached out to CCR2002 and BMW Pete ... and the initial response was all white. Pete has just come back with a startling revelation -
"I did some checking, as my memory was of white on most every CSL I have owned, but at the end of the series i.e. series 2 Bats changed over to black, much like the windscreen wipers did part way through."

So now its time to ask a question to those with very original '74 CS. did any of these also come with black thumbscrews? i know the standard thought is white on all coupes. part of my curiosity came from whether W+N's black thumbscrews were aftermarket or if they got the end of the BMW stock that were black. if you have original BMW black thumbscrews, they just became important for Bat 2 coupe owners.

w. chen

Reaction score
Hi, my 74 has the white thumbscrews. N I know for a fact as they have never been turned n when I tried, it didn’t budge so I left it alone. So when replacing headlite filament, I just have to go the long ways removing grills.

W. Chen

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Still looking for a CSL pic...

7C515E7D-53C1-4B44-B0E3-3560230487CD.jpeg

C625D6EA-1DF3-4D13-9C87-D2C488676638.jpeg