Headers of mystery Part 2

pamp

Reaction score
I recieved the headers from the ceramic show today. I have bolted them up to my shop 35 motor of contemplation. You will see what I have in mind for this as well as exhaust 1.0 where I fab'ed one 35 three bolt down pipe to a stock down pipe for line up and testing. If you pick through some dross, you will get an idea as to what I started with. Also where I picked as to the location of the O2 bung and the wiring pass through. http://s552.photobucket.com/albums/jj325/allenpinc/Bimmer exhaust/

I also have a pair of used two bolt 35 pipes that should show this week. I will compare line up and the feasability of that set up as well. True to form, it has blown two successive storms in the past three days and I have quite a bit of damage to the estate....trees down, out building roofs that took a beating, including the shop. I will leave for my real job on Sunday. Dissappearing act for two months guys. It does not look like I will get back to the cars until I return. Many thanks to all and wish me luck....angry planet.

pamp

Reaction score
These are the 635 CSi pipes loosely test fitted to the B35. The heat shields appear to be easily removed. I asked the boys at Double O2 salvage to cut at the cat. The paint mark on the floor was as to where my header merge ended up. It will be up to decoupe as to how he wants to make the fit. He has done a pre-run and ceramic coated his cast 35 manifolds. Pretty robust....1 3/4 I.D at the manifold out to 2'' O.D. pipe. Might have to figure out a way to choke it down. I am certain the engineers accounted for back-pressure through the cat. I am going to test certain set ups (back-pressure) with a manometer upon my return from the north. To be continued....perhaps nicad will have his headers in place beforehand.
http://s552.photobucket.com/albums/jj325/allenpinc/635 exhaust/