Hazard Relay

acat2002

Reaction score
Just replaced the hazard switch only to find out that the hazard relay is the source of my woes. Buzzing and intermittently works.
Where is the best source for this relay? (this one happens to be a Bosch), but is there other brands to replace this...cross referenced? Is this something I can find pretty much anywhere?

Honolulu

Reaction score
I say

I say take it apart and fix it, manly style. Nothing to lose, something to learn, might be just contacts that need cleaning with some 220 grit wet-dry. Don't use emery paper.

acat2002

Reaction score
I spoke too soon, the relay is actually a Hella p/n 4DB003425-00. There are four spades on the bottom labeled 31, 49a, 49 & C. Relay has a blue tinted see-through housing and contains capasitors, resistors & transistors, so I'm not going to waste my time trying to tinker with the internals.

I have also read that 2002 owners have modified the wiring to accomodate a more garden-variety 4-position relay (non-voltage sensitive).

acat2002

Reaction score
Thanks Blumax

I found a cross-reference source and ordered a cheap aftermarket (Stibel) relay that supposedly is the same thing. $45.....we'll see

I may end up contacting Mesa for some other electrical parts soon though, so thanks for the referal.