Guibo Nuts

cookbw

Reaction score
I'm pulling out the driveshaft to replace my center support bearing, but I'm having a hell of a time removing the Guibo nuts. I don't see any evidence of loctite, but the nuts are still stuck even after generous applications of penetrating oil + time. Is there a 'trick' to this that I might be missing or am I just dealing with a guibo installed by He-man?

hans3

Site Donor
Reaction score
What type of ratchet, wrench, or breaker bar equipment are you using? The nuts on the tranny side have limited clearance for certain sockets. Consider placing a box-end counterhold wrench on the nuts and your breaker bar on the bolt head side. Ensure the box end is long enough to rest against the trans tunnel or trans to provide the counterhold. I can envision someone using blue loctite instead of replacing the nuts. However, as perhaps in your current situation, the red loctite is too strong.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anything less than a extra long handle 1/2" breaker or ratchet will not apply enough torque to loosen or tighten these nuts or bolts. Using a long handle 1/2" torque wrench to loosen nuts and bolts is not standard good practice, but have had very good results on the limited times that I have done so, In addition, you'll also need an extra long handle box end wrench for the counter-hold, standard length wrenches just will not do.

As always, use new lock-nuts when applicable!