Group buy on Pre 1973 Chamonix Paint decal

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The standard ones available today don’t look right. So in trying to preserve my engine bay I have re-produced the classic style Chamonix color code decal. Careful attention to color, size and font were considered. Thanks to the help of others on this forum I am offering them here for $6.50 – this includes the first class stamp for US postage. This is only for the Chamonix color.

Paypal your order to [email protected]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24576060@N07/14663090406/

Gary

Last edited:

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Early Stickers for Chamonix Paint and 2800CS Emissions

Sorry guys, I'm a hobbist and selfishly did the run of Emission and Chamonix decals for my own project. Selling them here and ebay to make available to masses but also to re-coup costs.

With that said, anything can be re-made. I would suggest that you go to the local sign/decal shop and consult them. If material is unavailable they can most likely get a suitable replacement.

Gary

PS - My run of Pre-1973 Chamonix paint and 1971 2800cs Emission stickers are still available.

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Emissions decals differ by year as stated on the decal. A link to the 1971 version is posted in the first link. If you want the 1971 version see my first post on payment directions. Otherwise all on other data I belive is the same for the 2800Cs.

lsquaredb

Reaction score
My car was built in 4/70. It had a silver sticker with a lot of small circles partially cut into it. I think the circles were to discourage tampering with the sticker.

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes - This is very common on stickers they don't want you to remove in one piece. The print shop calls it Honeycomb Reflective Stock. The honeycomb peice is most difficult to duplicate as the stock is hard to find and VERY expensive. My re-production run for the emission decal was meant to copy color and the reflective nature at a reasonable cost.