Great Day at Dayton Concours

Dohn

Reaction score
Had a great day representing e9s at the Dayton Concours d'Elegance at Carillon Park this weekend. Won Best in Class in Collector Foreign 1946-1980! Got a beautiful cast bronze trophy replicating the Carillon bell tower on the property.
Dayton Concours group.jpg
Dayton Concours award pres.jpg
Dayton Concours 2018.jpg

Dohn

Reaction score
Congratulations Dohn, beautiful car!! Nice old gas station there too...

The park is full of great old buildings moved from other sites around the area. They have a very early Wright Brothers flyer, a Stoddard Dayton auto, lots of NCR cash registers, plus the Deeds barn where the "Barn Gang" invented the auto self-starter, among many other things. Neat place, and an ideal setting for classic cars.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The park is full of great old buildings moved from other sites around the area. They have a very early Wright Brothers flyer, a Stoddard Dayton auto, lots of NCR cash registers, plus the Deeds barn where the "Barn Gang" invented the auto self-starter, among many other things. Neat place, and an ideal setting for classic cars.
Dohn, a really impressive win considering the competition in the photos. And nice to see that CS Register Badge adorning the nose.

Steve

Dohn

Reaction score
Dohn, a really impressive win considering the competition in the photos. And nice to see that CS Register Badge adorning the nose.

Steve

Yeah, I was stunned when they picked my car, given the Pagoda Merc right next to me, the Citroen SM next to that, and not visible in this shot were several other great cars, including a 23,000 mile VW Beetle (still running his original fan belt, for better or worse)! When we look at our cars we tend to see the flaws; others see a drop-dead gorgeous classic, and that (plus the CS Register badge, no doubt) makes all the difference.