Site Donor
Reaction score
20221015_101027.jpg
20221015_101041.jpg
20221015_100838.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
some amazing photos of really cool cars / race cars. i love the workmanship of the very first one (from today)

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Awesome photos! Thanks for posting. I wonder, who lays out that perfect turf? I mean there are no brown spots, no "pet" stains, it aligns perfectly with the white lines on the asphalt, great effect. I guess it is all a part of the preparation! Each of the cars look especially good when parked on this surface.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you want to see the CSLs race go to 7h1m in this stream from today. There is also lots of great footage of F1 cars on runs around Laguna which is pretty special....

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Awesome photos! Thanks for posting. I wonder, who lays out that perfect turf? I mean there are no brown spots, no "pet" stains, it aligns perfectly with the white lines on the asphalt, great effect. I guess it is all a part of the preparation! Each of the cars look especially good when parked on this surface.
Fake grass but well done. Done by the same folks that do displays for the Peterson etc. It's a very, very nice event. Zak Brown was racing and he let Mario Andretti do laps in a 2013 McLaren F1 car to complete a bucket list item. Giving an 82 y/O guy the keys to a 2-3M F1 car is a pretty nice gesture. The pre-work for that isn't simple - seat fitting, pedal adjustments etc... Zak is a hardcore vintage racer himself and he was out there doing laps in his various F1 cars as well as racing. Rob Walton was dicing with Jeff Oniel in his 250 SWB and Jeff was in Tom Prices 70M GTO. Pretty epic stuff. All captured in that stream of you are interested...