Getting this 3.0CSi back on the road

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
What year is this Robert ? as i see the roundel BMW logo on the valve cover it isn't a B35... ?
and no thooted balancer.. just the pin for the CPS … as in older engines.
Barry, the block is -86 and the head is cast -87.
It's not a B35, it's the high compression 10:1 B34. Downside is a less flowing head, and 1mm smaller intake valves compared to the B35, but I might fix that if I can find someone who knows their way around an M30 head in Europe.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not sure how I missed all this awesome work, that is really something beautiful you have re-created- I think we all have "coupe-envy" !! Cheers Robert!

Hub

Reaction score
Great work! Color, suspension, csi sticker, front spoiler and 16 Alpina wheels. Everything like i dreaming make my e9.

Last edited:

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
I haven't had much time to play with the coupe, but I managed to fix/clean up an old five-bar grille that I had lying around. That means I finally got rid of the dinged up plastic four bar grille:cool:

Before:
E9 Badge.jpg

After:

BMW five bar grill.jpg

And she passed the yearly inspection without a problem:)

Inspection.jpg

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sooo sexy:rolleyes:
New grill much better!
Thanks Wladek! It's a subtle change, but I think it's a huge improvement over the four bar grille that I threw on there when I was in the project phase because, at the time, it was in better condition than the five bar grille.

grnder95

Reaction score
Hello Robert! I just wanted to let you know that your car looks amazing! Especially with the new five bar grill. The stance of the car is perfect in my opinion, I was also wondering what kind of suspension you're running on it?
I hope you enjoy it as much as the weather allows you to!
Cheers, Victor

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello Robert! I just wanted to let you know that your car looks amazing! Especially with the new five bar grill. The stance of the car is perfect in my opinion, I was also wondering what kind of suspension you're running on it?
I hope you enjoy it as much as the weather allows you to!
Cheers, Victor
Hi Victor,

Thanks! I'm running Bilstein HD in all corners, H&R -40mm e12 springs + CN camber plates in the front, and a pair of unknown/unbranded lowering springs in the rear that I found lying around in a friends garage.
7x16" ET11 205/55R16
8x16" ET24 (with 5mm spacers, so ET19) 225/50R16
Quite happy with the setup:)

tom

Reaction score
this is amazing work to keep this beautiful car alive! Ultimate work!
May I ask what was the invest/spend for this massive & detailed restauration? + -
thx