German exhaust seller - anyone purchase this?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The seller has been around for a very long time, primarily for MB parts. Under manufacturer they say ‘hausmarke’ (home brand) aparently some manufacturer they exclusively use but not named. They sell MB exhausts and parts and for other brands too.
Waldek might know more about the real manufacturer and quality.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Steve I’m not sure if this a vendor I’ve asked about shipping exhaust/partial exhaust to the US but of many many vendors on eBay.de I’ve asked I’ve never had one say anything other than NEIN.

Let us know if they do please.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It says shipping worldwide but we'll see...

Steve I’m not sure if this a vendor I’ve asked about shipping exhaust/partial exhaust to the US but of many many vendors on eBay.de I’ve asked I’ve never had one say anything other than NEIN.

Let us know if they do please.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm curious about these, are they proper 60mm? Fit? Good seller? Anyone?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/254132706238
I have a German friend who is a member of our group here in GA. BMW Classics of Georgia.
He travels here about once a month or so.
Could have one shipped to his house and then he could ship here. He did that for some head light grills I bought.
Wouldn't want to do too many but maybe some cases of beer might make it go smoother. I guess you get my drift.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i am thinking about the fritz's bits system - 550 gbp. this is the system that Mike Burger put on his coupe. i have emailed them to inquire about the finish dimension of the tailpipe ... it is straight as compared to the coupeking unit. asked what the cost of freight to atlanta would be. i have also inquired to see how many people would need to sign on for a group buy and what the pricing would be.

i like the coupeking unit, its just quite expensive - 375% more than the fritz's bits unit ... well the freight will be more with fritz's bits. the larini stainless system that w+n sells is 1007 euro and it comes with the downpipes. i have new stahl headers so i don't need the downpipes ... and the larini system is based on a stock motor.

i get what Steve says about the preference of a steel system sound over stainless. i just wonder about using a stock type system with a 3.5L euro b34 ... with a cam.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Why not just have a custom one made locally. That's what I did. You're getting in the custom price range at $800.
I even had some choices for sound level, type of sound and decibel level. Not getting that when you buy a off the shelf unit.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I also require that the original chrome exhaust tip be part of the equation.
agreed, exactly why i asked Fritz's bits what the diameter of the tailpipe is ... so that it can be finished properly.

Why not just have a custom one made locally. That's what I did. You're getting in the custom price range at $800.
I even had some choices for sound level, type of sound and decibel level. Not getting that when you buy a off the shelf unit.
its a possibility, i have a custom pipe on my car right now. i have to pick the battles that i want to spend more time on. i have thought about Sven's approach based with standard products.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the 2800cs exhaust only had 2 boxes, the 3.ocs had 3 boxes. the fritz's bits has 3 also. many people with the stock exhaust have removed the middle box and replaced it with a pipe.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i got a reply this morning from Fritz's Bits. the tailpipe diameter is 55mm. they will do a group buy with as few as 3 units. the problem is the best discount is only 5%. shipping for one unit is 150 gbp ... so that's a bit steep.