future CS and CSL models

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
But will the styling still be interchangeable with every car on the market? To me, that's what is missing--performance is already beyond 99% of the market's ability to use or appreciate. You could switch badges and grills on about 15 cars from Kias to Mercedes and it would be very difficult to figure out what the car is. Like the kid on the trike in the Incredibles when asked what he's waiting for, "I don't know, something amazing!"

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Come on guys, let's be serious : It is already very seriously questionable to call a car, a car that needs a valve exhaust to make the sound of a car :)

Now, if I'm not mistaken, you're asking about the next CSL BMW models that we're supposed to see ?! A car that weights 1500 Kg+ is upfront
disqualified and should never ever be badged CSL :( Even the M3 E46 CSL ( IMO the last true BMW that left the factory ) weighed around 1500 Kg
and was not really what I call a lightweight.

A lightweight car = 1300 Kg ( Max. ), no air con, no airbags, no radio, no power steering, no power windows, thin glass, no rear seats, aluminium/carbon,
etc ... but BMW and their customers were given a lobotomy : they are both convinced "C" stands for comfort, "S" stands for Softness and "L" stands for Luxury
Think about Mercedes' recent version of the Gullwing Coupe. That's what BMW will give us as the "next and best" version of our Coupes. The automobile equivalent of Euro Trash.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I do like the modern BMW's but they are really different cars from the more vintage ones; the 70's BMW's were responsive and comfortable light-years ahead of their time and that made them unique and exceptional. I think KIA et al just caught up and there is some stagnation in the area of innovation and differentiation among all car manufacturers. The tools needed to work on a modern BMW are quite expensive: computer software, computers, special jacks and hoists, pressure-testing equipment etc, so they're just not as much fun to work on-for me. Others may find the infinite tuning adjustments to be fun but I'm probably just getting too old- way too old. I'm finding myself drawn to off-road vehicles more lately since there is still allot of improvement and innovation to come in those cars beyond heads-up display and self-driving capabilities. my 3 cents

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Come on guys, let's be serious : It is already very seriously questionable to call a car, a car that needs a valve exhaust to make the sound of a car :)

Now, if I'm not mistaken, you're asking about the next CSL BMW models that we're supposed to see ?! A car that weights 1500 Kg+ is upfront
disqualified and should never ever be badged CSL :( Even the M3 E46 CSL ( IMO the last true BMW that left the factory ) weighed around 1500 Kg
and was not really what I call a lightweight.

A lightweight car = 1300 Kg ( Max. ), no air con, no airbags, no radio, no power steering, no power windows, thin glass, no rear seats, aluminium/carbon,
etc ... but BMW and their customers were given a lobotomy : they are both convinced "C" stands for comfort, "S" stands for Softness and "L" stands for Luxury

Agree. I had an e30 M3 here in the states, and it came standard with leather seats, power sunroof, power door locks, etc. I was way too refined for me. Simply not raw enough Heresy to some.
Let's see a decontented lightweight 2 series, with lighter and perhaps skinnier wheels and tires, no power anything, light trunk and hood, cloth seats, maybe rear seat delete--anything to shed weight!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Manual seat adjustment and manual windows are the true test...

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Agree. I had an e30 M3 here in the states, and it came standard with leather seats, power sunroof, power door locks, etc. I was way too refined for me. Simply not raw enough Heresy to some.
Let's see a decontented lightweight 2 series, with lighter and perhaps skinnier wheels and tires, no power anything, light trunk and hood, cloth seats, maybe rear seat delete--anything to shed weight!
something to compete with a Caymab R