(Sold!) Fuel Sending Unit

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes, but it’s about $300 and comes w a fuel sender. o_O Before I bought that one, I went to ACE Hardware & bought a bunch of different sizes of plastic sleeves & found one that was close enough w a little bore work on the inside.

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes, but it’s about $300 and comes w a fuel sender. o_O Before I bought that one, I went to ACE Hardware & bought a bunch of different sizes of plastic sleeves & found one that was close enough w a little bore work on the inside.
OK, I did some epoxy repair and so far so good. Will keep the hardware store option open.

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Success! Gassed up, took a nice brisk drive, then grocery store duties, then parked in the sun for a while, sender seal area dry as a bone and gas smells are completely gone. On to other projects.

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
The sleeve is, if I remember well a 6 mm inner diameter, 8 mm outer diameter, about 20 mm long plastic part, it can be shorter or longer, that's not an issue. A generic Polyamide (PA) bushing will work for this. PA has excellent fuel resistance. They can be sourced (here in Europe at least) through industrial hardware stores. They usually come per 100 pieces, even if you need just one....

edit: Found a working alternative (you need to cut of the collar) :
Available through www.Fabory.nl Part number 56772.080.006 ; 21 euro's per 100.

here's a pic of a tool I made to screw and unscrew. nice thing is that it does not deform the tabs on your sender unit intact.
I like the PVC alternative mentioned above. A lot easier to make, and (suprisingly! ) strong enough.

tool for fuel sender unit.jpg

Last edited: