FS. Triple Side Draft Dual Throat 45 Webers

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
In searching for parts I found a source who has two sets of the above including intake manifolds,adaptors and air cleaner. Asking $900 for each set. Not affilliated.

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Koopman,
The mention of a single air cleaner piques my interest. If it is period and German made, I'll take one. Or, if druckpress passes, both. Thanks!

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I spoke with the seller. These look nice. The air filters are K&N's, and they are one per DCOE (not a single filter for all three carbs like a ITG style). The carbs are the newer Tipo 152G's with the air bypass adjustment screws. I do not know if these will interfere with a stock thermostat housing, but it will depend on the intake manifold. I think the older 152's or other tipo's which don't have that bypass screw will give you slightly more clearance for the thermo housing. I have no personal 1st hand experience with the manifolds the seller has with the webers. The attached picture shows one case where the air bypass screw interferes with the thermo housing.

Attachments

• weber_clearance_issue.jpg
    weber_clearance_issue.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 100

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am very curious what the one piece ITG filter that you mention looks like, can you post a link?

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
be careful with foam filters directly on side draft webers.... they can catch fire in case of a blow back ! wouldn't be the first one ....

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
autokunst, Thanks, I was just curious, I bought the Alpina repo
The ITG, does it fit the CS? That sort of thing is what I wanted to do initially

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
be careful with foam filters directly on side draft webers.... they can catch fire in case of a blow back ! wouldn't be the first one ...
Indeed! And they also have a habit of deteriorating very quickly and bits of foam get sucked into the carbs.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks, I was just curious, I bought the Alpina repo
The ITG, does it fit the CS? That sort of thing is what I wanted to do initially
Sorry, I do not know what spacing(s) are available with this set-up. I looked at them initially, but have not made a decision on filtration yet. I will likely use individual or pairs of cleaners.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Long ago I had a 2002 with the foam with wire baskets over them, then never fit will, the wire pocked you when you worked with them, I hated them

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
Sorry, I do not know what spacing(s) are available with this set-up. I looked at them initially, but have not made a decision on filtration yet. I will likely use individual or pairs of cleaners.

You should make a copy of my air box :D.... in carbon :eek:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m working on fuel and linkages for my triples at the moment. I can say that with the Korman manifold, the t-stat housing interferes. It makes sense since Korman sells a modified t-star housing.

FYI - I have a separate three piece manifold available for purchase. I can post a pic of the t-star clearance.

Korman with 152’s
7BF66176-5BF5-4D22-AE2F-E7E1E92496E5.jpeg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i had the itg filter on my 2002 w/ 45 dcoes ... it worked great, easy to care for. i had a korman manifold, so it makes sense that it fit.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
thanks Mark. You cannot make a airbox unless you come upwards with the inlet trumpets . Longer inlet tubes also help to gain again some torque you loose with the webers. (due short inlet trumpet - valve )
6 equal lengths but turned so that they come to a shorter distance cc to the back which allows a down tube and cone air filter in the "cold" front side and that at a reasoneble inlet angle. ( big hole to be cut ofcourse :eek:, filter under the headlights )
I made the tubes out of stainless steel , the airbox aluminium. End of the tubes were machined so they take the OEM Weber trumpets , with shorted lenght that goes in as compared to the carb itself.
It is precision work... airbox just... just clears the hood !!! even with a cut away part of the inner frame above ...