FS: E9 AC Face Plates $200/$225 (details inside)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Have installed one with no problems and without any modifications needed. Beautiful part.
Peter
coupeking

Thanks Peter!

They look great Markos. Has anyone actually installed them? I’m keen to hear feedback from users who have installed them. Specifically if they fit perfectly. I’m not doubting your skills Markos but just doing my due diligence.

I have no skills, only ideas in my head! :D I’m glad that you asked.

Boobouna

Reaction score
Lol, well they look good mate. I would be interested once you make some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Finished priming the face plates and have two coats of texture spray. The weather got cold and wet here.

My gauge cluster was already primed so I finished that up. This looks waaaay more wet and glossy than reality - due to my operating room lights in the garage. :D
663A3B33-49DD-4F8C-B690-64DFCBF1C6C7.jpeg

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Finished priming the face plates and have two coats of texture spray. The weather got cold and wet here.

My gauge cluster was already primed so I finished that up.
View attachment 46689
wow, if I drove with this faceplate and its accompanying gauges, I would be admiring it so much that I can see being pulled over for "distracted driving"! :p Mike

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

These are painted and shipped. I just ordered a few more in case anyone is interested. Thanks!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I assume these will be available (produce-able) for some time? I need to assess my situation, and also make decisions on radio, gauges, etc... Then I will likely become another happy customer.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I assume these will be available (produce-able) for some time? I need to assess my situation, and also make decisions on radio, gauges, etc... Then I will likely become another happy customer.

I will never run out of inventory and 3D printing will become cheaper/better over time. :D

sidcc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing the faceplate I got from Mark. It is a terrific reproduction! The orange peel finish mimics the OE finish very closely. Fit is great. The only modification I had to make was to widen the holes in the sides for the screws.

Radio fit fine too. Unfortunately my radio isn’t working so I installed the faceplate without the radio while I get it fixed.

Anyway, here’s a picture of the faceplate installed.

Thanks again Mark for doing this!

75c11f9db19fb26dc9b4f950edb86f3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing the faceplate I got from Mark. It is a terrific reproduction! The orange peel finish mimics the OE finish very closely. Fit is great. The only modification I had to make was to widen the holes in the sides for the screws.

Thanks for the update Sid! I intentionally shrunk the diameter of the holes to match the diameter of the metal spring clips on the OE faceplate. The intention is for the screw to self tap the holes. Either way the part is plastic so it's easy to cut/drill, etc.

I thought you were going to say that you had to widen the holes for the radio. I hope that nobody ends up doing that. The old post radios often have adjustable post spacing.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Prepping a package for a forum member. A printed faceplate with a 1968 Blaupunkt New Yorker and BMW knobs.

A20765F3-07AE-422B-B3C6-CACB5F6623F0.jpeg
33431A99-9179-417A-8F45-315362A6D946.jpeg
5E304308-10DD-41AB-9A96-132F5D40233A.jpeg
54EEFCAB-B244-480A-9107-F6A8CA32EFE4.jpeg
66C4EC65-7298-452B-A41A-F8926D16AC1E.jpeg
77E2552D-CAD0-42A7-BBD7-6DC11C5072F8.jpeg