FS: E9 AC Face Plates $200/$225 (details inside)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have two 3D printed AC face plates for sale. For more details on how these are made and what it took to get to this point, see my signature.

I’m offering these at $200 shipped bare, and $225 shipped for sanding and painting. I coat the face plates with about three layers of primer, three layers of texture, and a top coat or two of satin black. Choice of texture include orange peel, crinkle, and splatter.

Edit: I wasn’t explicitly clear that these face plates are made with vinyl (aka “plastic”). The original face plate is made from cast aluminum. While the 3D printed face plate looks and functions the same as the original. it is at least 1lb lighter and made of plastic. A 3D printed and/or cast aluminum reproduction would cost in the neighborhood of $600 each.

Reach out with any questions that you may have, but I encourage you to tto fire my 3D printing thread. Thanks!

A78DDC1D-FBA0-4E17-A4E5-317A89E80724.jpeg
2883BDD8-1F3A-4B20-8754-B3A8D180C863.jpeg

Last edited:

steve in reno

Reaction score
Very impressed with the part. Have read all of the work you did during the project.

Good work, with excellent results! And at very reasonable price.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Man I am spent when it comes to 3D printing: Taking a break for a bit.

I used to design sheet metal and plastic injection molded products in the past. I'd design something in CAD, email a file and the part would show up at my desk a week later. I don't understand what your problem is.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I used to design sheet metal and plastic injection molded products in the past. I'd design something in CAD, email a file and the part would show up at my desk a week later. I don't understand what your problem is.

The difference between you and I is that you know CAD and I am paying someone to get it wrong over and over again...

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have two 3D printed AC face plates for sale. For more details on how these are made and what it took to get to this point, see my signature.

I’m offering these at $200 shipped bare, and $225 shipped for sanding and painting. I coat the face plates with about three layers of primer, three layers of texture, and a top coat or two of satin black. Choice of texture include orange peel, crinkle, and splatter.

If I don’t hear from anyone I will paint both and stick them on eBay. Reach out with any questions that you may have, but I encourage you to tto fire my 3D printing thread. Thanks!

View attachment 46498 View attachment 46499
Looks absolutely fantastic Markos! Put me down for one please when you feel like firing up the 3D printer.
Cheers!
Dan

Boobouna

Reaction score
They look great Markos. Has anyone actually installed them? I’m keen to hear feedback from users who have installed them. Specifically if they fit perfectly. I’m not doubting your skills Markos but just doing my due diligence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk