FS: Calimesa CA

bubukitty

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the work these folks do? The EBay auction shows some cars they have worked on, and they look very nice. With that said, I am not familiar with this seller, vs. my familiarity with the amazing work done by Coupeking

BavarianCream

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I ran in this guy 5 or six years ago and discussed a possible coupe restoration. I didn't move forward and then it was like he completely fell of the map until now and it doesn't look like he's produced a lot of new projects since.

I could be misinformed and in no way want to disparage him or his outfit but the web site looks rather basic and the price he's asking for work seems right in line with some of the very reputable shops we all know about with solid history's and great reputations.

It would also seem to me that anyone deeply involved in coupe restoration for 5-7 years would have popped up on this forum before for the a number of reasons.

I'm not saying he isn't legit I'm just saying if it was me, I'd investigate very carefully before handing over any money, you can not be to careful these days.

bubukitty

Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts, which make a lot of sense. I seem to recollect seeing this seller on EBay before advertising BMW restorations and then have not seen anything on EBay for a long time. Makes me wonder about the longevity and legitimacy of this restorer. Perhaps he is just fine, but I am inclined to be cautious. Thanks!

I ran in this guy 5 or six years ago and discussed a possible coupe restoration. I didn't move forward and then it was like he completely fell of the map until now and it doesn't look like he's produced a lot of new projects since.

I could be misinformed and in no way want to disparage him or his outfit but the web site looks rather basic and the price he's asking for work seems right in line with some of the very reputable shops we all know about with solid history's and great reputations.

It would also seem to me that anyone deeply involved in coupe restoration for 5-7 years would have popped up on this forum before for the a number of reasons.

I'm not saying he isn't legit I'm just saying if it was me, I'd investigate very carefully before handing over any money, you can not be to careful these days.