FS: 71 2800CS Houston "Fully Upgraded" :-)

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bwana, I just acquired a 69 1600 to go with the coupes...that almost counts for the club, right? Going to look at a 2000 next week...
I love James' e9, color, and specs..if I could sell my two, I could almost afford his. GLWTS James.

jamesw

Reaction score
Thanks Dave. I talked to Bwana yesterday and teased him because his two cars (E9 and Roadster) are in different states from each other! Not sure if that counts for the club.

I finished cleaning up my car yesterday and will get the photos today.

Cheers
James

Bwana

Reaction score
Bwana, I just acquired a 69 1600 to go with the coupes...that almost counts for the club, right? Going to look at a 2000 next week...
I love James' e9, color, and specs..if I could sell my two, I could almost afford his. GLWTS James.

Excellent! Let us know what happens with the 2000.

jamesw

Reaction score
OK - I have taken all of the photos. Click on the link below:

https://reefpix.smugmug.com/1971-BMW-2800CS/

I uploaded shots from when she was last up on the lift as well.

Any questions or if you're interested please drop me a line. She's for sale in Houston TX.

Cheers
James

Attachments

• 411H0968.jpg
    411H0968.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 276
  • 411H0993.jpg
    411H0993.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 273
  • 411H1020.jpg
    411H1020.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 411H1029.jpg
    411H1029.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 268
  • 411H1038.jpg
    411H1038.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:

Storage Andy

Site Donor
Reaction score
Really nice car. I looked for a while before I bought mine last year. I would think $<edit>k is a very fair price.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamesw

Reaction score
Thanks Andy and Scott. She looks great in these photos! Maybe I should keep her ;-)

Cheers
James

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
KEEP HER!! Over the winter a friend and e9 owner decided to sell his coupe. Lots of things going on in his life but nothing that would force or compel him to sell.
Over months of email exchanges I slowly chipped away at his reasons for selling. I would like to think I was in some way responsible for his decision to keep his coupe.

Of course my # 1 reason for keeping was seller's regret. We've all seen your posts guys, "Biggest mistake of my life." "Regret it everyday!" "Looking again, still kicking my foolish self."

James, I hope there is another e9 guy(s) who is doing what I did to and for my friend who is doing the same with you. If there is no one, I volunteer.

Steve ONeill [email protected]

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What a wonderfully clean and delightful looking coupe. If you end up selling it, I am sure you will make a new coupe owner happy.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i agree with Stan, you should keep her. really nice coupes do not come along very often ... and when they do, the price is significantly higher than 50k. which brings me to my next point - after looking at the pics i think <edit>k is way too low. i know that many people don't like Sahara, and i think that is because many of the examples are oxidized paint that don't look that great or they have been repainted with too much yellow in the beige and that doesn't look that great. back in the day, i saw a lot of 2002's especially '74 to '76 in sahara and with a nice sheen and the correct shade of sahara ... they are quite nice. my guess is $57.5k to 62.5k is the right value.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i agree with Stan, you should keep her. really nice coupes do not come along very often ... and when they do, the price is significantly higher than 50k. which brings me to my next point - after looking at the pics i think <edit>k is way too low. i know that many people don't like Sahara, and i think that is because many of the examples are oxidized paint that don't look that great or they have been repainted with too much yellow in the beige and that doesn't look that great. back in the day, i saw a lot of 2002's especially '74 to '76 in sahara and with a nice sheen and the correct shade of sahara ... they are quite nice. my guess is $57.5k to 62.5k is the right value.

And one more thing. She may get very little road time right now. But who knows what's just over the next banked descending curve.
Steve

jamesw

Reaction score
Thanks for looking at the pictures and for your comments guys. Maybe I should go the auction route as I'm not the best judge since every time I look at my car all I see are the warts. I don't know about y'all but after owning classic cars for 20+ years now I'm getting to the point where all I see is what needs fixing next - I don't see the beauty and the enjoyment anymore like I once did.

Cheers
James

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for looking at the pictures and for your comments guys. Maybe I should go the auction route as I'm not the best judge since every time I look at my car all I see are the warts. I don't know about y'all but after owning classic cars for 20+ years now I'm getting to the point where all I see is what needs fixing next - I don't see the beauty and the enjoyment anymore like I once did.

Cheers
James

Before you do anything brash I recommend that you and your coupe go to counseling.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Before you do anything brash I recommend that you and your coupe go to counseling.
Of course we all see the flaws, the acne scars, but looking at your photos you are probably seeing far fewer than the rest of us. And I sure am not selling my beauty, flaws and all. Steve

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
James, i completely get it. i took my coupe in to get the paint touched up in places while the belt trim was removed ... and that transitioned into a full paint job / color change to get the exterior looking correct. i wasn't happy with the engine, and we have that lined up to be solved once the paint is complete ... and while we are there, we will redo all of the mechanical systems with new bits. its a lot of work and expense ...

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Classic
James, i completely get it. i took my coupe in to get the paint touched up in places while the belt trim was removed ... and that transitioned into a full paint job / color change to get the exterior looking correct. i wasn't happy with the engine, and we have that lined up to be solved once the paint is complete ... and while we are there, we will redo all of the mechanical systems with new bits. its a lot of work and expense ...
Classic mission creep

jamesw

Reaction score
Thanks everyone - I decided to list it on BAT. So we shall see!

Cheers
James

Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This will be an interesting one to watch. I know I'll be following it closely. Best of luck with the sale!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
James, best of luck with the sale. i would be very surprised if this doesn't cross your reserve - significantly