FS: 1972 BMW 3.0CS - Craigslist - Sahara - California

tmason

Reaction score
With these pictures I'll change my mind. Not sure what it's worth but 30 seems high.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
if it is "only" this ( floor panels ) and the car is complete and running fine .... it's acceptable for that price in Europ "terms" . If shock towers / rockers are also rusted ... that's another story...
My floor panels were even more rusted.... but if you need to weld in new ones , it doesn't matter how bad they are rusted.:D

Big advantage on replacing floor panels is that there is no expensive painting to be done... just simple coatings in & out .

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why/how floor pans rust? Water coming in through the windshield seal? Door seal?

Rockers, near the front, I imagine having water running down and collecting down there.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
from were the water comes is another question , but it finds his way between the steel bottom plate and the glued anti vibration plates. There it stays wet and do his job :mad: you cannot reach it , nor see it.... and the floors are the lowest part ofcourse .... once the plate go's up ( example the tunnel ) there's no real rust anymore ....

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Water comes in from door seals, windshield seal (rotting the dash wood too) and A/C when the drain gets plugged in the console.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Water comes in from door seals, windshield seal (rotting the dash wood too) and A/C when the drain gets plugged in the console.

My car is a working example of all of the above (except no AC). If I spray the car with water you can see it run into the interior.

biltoo

Reaction score
so where did the car go to? I talked with the owner earlier and planned to meet today to inspect it but its MIA

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Agreed. Why people don’t do this more is beyond me.

100% agree with this. 12-13 years ago, I flew to FL to look at a coupe for sale....landed, owner picked me up, took me to the car and it was seeping rust out of every crack on the car...subtle to an untrained eye, couldn't see it in photos at all, but it was not going to end well. I had them drive me right back to the airport and I flew home...quickest/shortest 2800 mile trip I've ever taken...Sadly, that was before the values went up and I could've had that car for peanuts...Ahhhhhhh!!! oh well...:)

floridabmx

Reaction score
Anybody else notice the sticker peeling? Thoughts? Surely this can’t be a $30k car.

B4BB8BA9-01E0-4C1F-A8A5-1F87DEAC9D8A.jpeg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My stickers are peeling in a similar manner. And it was not a $30k car when I bought it. ;)

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
M stickers are peeling in a similar manner. And it was not a $30k car when I bought it. ;)

I can’t believe that you are talking about your peeling stickers on a public forum. You may
wish to sell your car someday and your post could come back to haunt you.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can’t believe that you are talking about your peeling stickers on a public forum. You may
wish to sell your car someday and your post could come back to haunt you.
Interesting take on that. My plans include a full restoration of the engine bay, and also to remove the tar paper sound deadening / moisture sponges. New replacement stickers are in my future regardless. I do not intent to represent that the car is one of those illusive time capsules. :D