front seat disassembly

Frank II

Reaction score
help, I have looked and searched for front seat disassembly pics , instructions, and or diagrams. any and all help is appreciated

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Are you trying to remove the seats and its' sliding tracks from the car or are you trying to separate the seat bottoms from the seat backs?

Bert
72 3.5 CSi
88 M6

Frank II

Reaction score
does anyone know an experienced upholsterer who would not mind giving this info to me , my dime.
please help as this is my daily driver and I am jonesing. I dont know how long I can hold on.

PaulinPa

Reaction score
Unscrew all side trim,chrome plate,seat lever.Back is just held in by friction of U-shaped trim piece. Gently pry out.

3417F128-8465-4190-9F22-04632F3A3CC2.jpeg
3E6D36FA-2044-4C04-A44D-9B5FBF381BF6.jpeg
8483753A-F7CA-4801-8BB8-4E8AF2691467.jpeg

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
You would need to remove the two circlips on both ends of the seat back in order to detach the two seat sections. The circlips are attached to the two cam liked devices as shown in pics, the circlips are real small so take care in not losing them when removing. Use a small slotted screwdriver and pry out clips.

Bert

MikeLiang

Reaction score
Need to separate seat bottoms from backs ...

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm in the right place. I looked thru this thread but still can't figure out how to separate the seat bottoms from the backs. I see that PaulinPa's done it via the pix ... I figure it can't be as simple as removing the two slotted screws on each side since the back reclining mechanism would still be attached. Any help would be most appreciated thank you!

Mike
'74 3.0CS
'87 635CSi