Friday night gas run in AZ

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Love the vintage license plate!
We will use any excuse to just drive. I, "go out to get gas" with a tank that is already 3/4 full. I really like the idea of the vintage plate. PA HAD a lovely white lettering on a blue background. The Commonwealth, in its infinite wisdom redesigned the plate with a Model T and ugly colors. So I run a plate registered to a 73 Bavaria long gone to the crusher. If I get pulled over I will wave the legal plate out the window and hope for a cop that loves my car.

Steve

uter

Site Donor
Reaction score
We will use any excuse to just drive. I, "go out to get gas" with a tank that is already 3/4 full. I really like the idea of the vintage plate. PA HAD a lovely white lettering on a blue background. The Commonwealth, in its infinite wisdom redesigned the plate with a Model T and ugly colors. So I run a plate registered to a 73 Bavaria long gone to the crusher. If I get pulled over I will wave the legal plate out the window and hope for a cop that loves my car.

Steve
Steve, I found this 1973 Arizona plate on eBay and then registered that number/letter sequence as my Arizona vanity plate. When they shipped me new plates with registration stickers, I just put the stickers on my '73 plate.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Brilliant!

Steve, I found this 1973 Arizona plate on eBay and then registered that number/letter sequence as my Arizona vanity plate. When they shipped me new plates with registration stickers, I just put the stickers on my '73 plate.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that's a great move. i will have to look for an old GA plate with a cool number and see if i can do that

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
that's a great move. i will have to look for an old GA plate with a cool number and see if i can do that

Very interesting idea indeed. I'm sure you can still get your hand slapped but the car is properly registered. I have a 1973 plate with a '73 sticker, but now the car is restricted to a very fuzzy "occaisional use". The plus side is that there is no annual registration.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
He legally registered the sequence, they just mailed him a modern plate which matched the vintage plate. I did that in CA as well with a personalized plate, the system doesn’t know what the plate looks like. In CA you can’t register a ABC123 or 123ABC plate as a vanity plate though, you do it through Year of Manufacture,

uter

Site Donor
Reaction score
He legally registered the sequence, they just mailed him a modern plate which matched the vintage plate. I did that in CA as well with a personalized plate, the system doesn’t know what the plate looks like. In CA you can’t register a ABC123 or 123ABC plate as a vanity plate though, you do it through Year of Manufacture,

Correct. Prior to buying the vintage plate off eBay, I used my state’s DMV website that allowed me to choose and check availability of vanity plate sequences. If pulled over, it just looks like I’ve had the same plate since ‘73.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk