Found: A 2002 for Karen

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not sure this is the right place, so feel free to bump me to Cars for Sale or ??

My wife, Karen, can no longer drive stick shift. Our coupe is a five-speed. So I have started a search for an automatic 2002 for her. In addition to the automatic it must have air conditioning. Things are getting and hotter and sticker(hence the recent purchase of a dehumidifier for the coupe) here in Bucks County, PA.

The car should be close to turn key. A few odds and ends are okay. And, don't groan, it can have the dreaded big bumpers I have railed against all my adult life. Which started around my 60th birthday.
Including big bumpered cars really widens the hunt.

When the right car is in hand I will immediately purchase the delicate chrome bumpers. My body guy already swapped bumpers on a '76 3.0si I once owned. Since this will be Karen's car the square tail lights, which I have also railed against, will not be a problem.

PM or email me at: [email protected]

Thanks,

Everyone

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
How about an E36 M3 ragtop with an automatic and ice cold air? :) Kidding, I'll keep my eye out for the right 02 for you guys.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve, try on the bmw2002faq.com

You are looking for a unicorn in a haystack, Automatic 2002s are few & far between and fewer had AC.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Automatics are hard to find. Most have already been converted.

I picked up a rust free 76 automatic (with air and sunroof) recently from CA for $5k.

Sorry to, but I'm going to cut it up by way of turbo flares, and removing of course side molding and big bumpers. Still contemplating converting to stick shift (Mazda 6spd), but autos make great commuters.

You on 2002faq? What's your budget? Need a sunroof? You can always add AC.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Probably won’t find a nicer square tail than this. Not sure if 1976+ is of any issue in your state.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Crevier was an acquaintance of Murray Fowler's...Murray worked with him some and said that he only wanted/bought the best available. Looks pretty d good. Probably some light wiggle room since its an auto, but that price isn't horrible. I have a spare automatic in a dry box waiting for the automatic apocalypse...sold the car it was going into...I'm sure the one in this one is fine, though.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Email sent.

EB1ADDF5-6C5E-4007-A7D4-3CB61DDF6306.jpeg

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thought this might be a deal, even w a little work.

And then, noooooo:

View attachment 84891
Agree Jay, Noooo. But thanks for looking. Keep up the good work. Steve

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
This one looks nice, you'd have to add AC.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This one looks nice, you'd have to add AC.

Thanks Vince, I will follow up. And keep 'em coming. steve

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks to all you lookers. If you read the original post you will see an e9er immediately posted a white 2002, 1976, automatic with ac. The perfect car for Karen who has trouble driving stick. And for the getting hotter Bucks County summers.

The 02 is now parked in my garage keeping company with my euro e9 CSi.

Had a flawless drive home on a beautiful clear day(no salt on the roads here) hummed right along on the interstate keeping up with traffic with no problem.

Oh happy day!

Thanks, John,

Steve