Flat spot on acceleration.

mr bump

Reaction score
Hello all, carb problem. Cars running fine but that first pump of the gas there's a terrible flat spot which will not go away. Any ideas on a cure?
Joe...72 cs with twin zeniths.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had the same symptom with my webers. Spencer at Mesa Performance suggested I replace the gaskets between the carbs and intake manifold, thinking it was an air leak. He also suggested filling in the bottom of the carb spacers. It seems they dont mate well to the manifold. I took his advice and replaced the gaskets and filled in the bottom of the spacers with Bondo. The flat spot is now gone.

Hope that helps.

Before
photobucket-30916-1365896371877.jpg

After
photobucket-49400-1365896430179.jpg

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
check accelerator pumps-they should squirt a good stream into the venturi when throttle activated from idle

The Don

Reaction score
Joe, massive thanks for your help in setting my car up on Saturday in getting the engine to run properly.

Flat spot? Are you talking about your tyres after lighting them up in 2nd and 3rd in Solihull town centre to show that your LSD works? :-D :lol:

mr bump

Reaction score
Joe, massive thanks for your help in setting my car up on Saturday in getting the engine to run properly.

Flat spot? Are you talking about your tyres after lighting them up in 2nd and 3rd in Solihull town centre to show that your LSD works? :-D :lol:

Hahaha, those rooster tails can be seen from space so im now told!! It certainly shocked that Bentley driver when he saw a 72 cs coming at him sideways eh!!!
It was my plesure andrew, allways happy to help a cs owner you know that and the car is coming on superb mate, won't be long now eh!!