First drive of 2009

jamesr

Reaction score
I won't lie, the titles actually a lie, as techinally it's my third drive of 2009 after having to take it for an MOT and then pick it up last week. Neither of these were particularly enjoyable, as on the way there i had to leave my house at 5.30am on a monday morning and at one point travelled 1 mile in an hour in rush hour traffic on the M25 (i still can't help watching the temp gauge, even when it's not hot weather) and on the way back it was intermittently raining, which always causes slight anxiety!

So for these reasons i'm counting today as the first for this year. We've had beautiful sunshine all day in the south east of england, so i went for a drive out to the country for a bite to eat. It reminded me just how much i love driving my e9, so hopefully this'll be the first of many this year. I also gave it a clean before i left and took a few photo's, as i always seem to do when it comes out of hibernation.

csl_web_1.jpg

csl_web_2.jpg

csl_web_3.jpg

jamesr

Reaction score
I won't lie, the titles actually a lie, as techinally it's my third drive of 2009 after having to take it for an MOT and then pick it up last week. Neither of these were particularly enjoyable, as on the way there i had to leave my house at 5.30am on a monday morning and at one point travelled 1 mile in an hour in rush hour traffic on the M25 (i still can't help watching the temp gauge, even when it's not hot weather) and on the way back it was intermittently raining, which always causes slight anxiety!

So for these reasons i'm counting today as the first for this year. We've had beautiful sunshine all day in the south east of england, so i went for a drive out to the country for a bite to eat. It reminded me just how much i love driving my e9, so hopefully this'll be the first of many this year. I also gave it a clean before i left and took a few photo's, as i always seem to do when it comes out of hibernation.

csl_web_1.jpg

csl_web_2.jpg

csl_web_3.jpg

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
Nice car....Sometimes I think that 16" wheels looks too big for this car. However, with the chrome around the fenders it makes it look just right.
abe

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
Nice car....Sometimes I think that 16" wheels looks too big for this car. However, with the chrome around the fenders it makes it look just right.
abe

jamesr

Reaction score
Cheers Abe. The car actually originally came with 14 inch alpinas (which i still have), but i've always preferred the 16's myself.

Saying that, it's amazing how much of a difference ride height, tyres and trim (as you mention) can make to the look of each e9. Even though i prefer the 16's, i absolutely love the look of the 14's on stan's cs.

http://www.e9coupe.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=137

jamesr

Reaction score
Cheers Abe. The car actually originally came with 14 inch alpinas (which i still have), but i've always preferred the 16's myself.

Saying that, it's amazing how much of a difference ride height, tyres and trim (as you mention) can make to the look of each e9. Even though i prefer the 16's, i absolutely love the look of the 14's on stan's cs.

http://www.e9coupe.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=137

pmansson

Reaction score
and the stock 14" wheels with 70 profile rubber is much more comfortable on uneven road surfaces, tarmac joints at bridges and elsewhere, manhole covers and more. Original tyres with 1,9 vs 16" tyres with 2,4 is an enormous difference to comfort and suspension....

pmansson

Reaction score
and the stock 14" wheels with 70 profile rubber is much more comfortable on uneven road surfaces, tarmac joints at bridges and elsewhere, manhole covers and more. Original tyres with 1,9 vs 16" tyres with 2,4 is an enormous difference to comfort and suspension....

Paul T

Reaction score
UK Southern Tour

Hi James,

Good to see you are now legal!

Anyone up for another get together - I missed last year's. Perhaps something based around an event at Goodwood or maybe The Goat Pub in Herts on 7th of June (first Sunday of each month). Any other suggestions - happy to travel.

Paul

Paul T

Reaction score
UK Southern Tour

Hi James,

Good to see you are now legal!

Anyone up for another get together - I missed last year's. Perhaps something based around an event at Goodwood or maybe The Goat Pub in Herts on 7th of June (first Sunday of each month). Any other suggestions - happy to travel.

Paul

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello lads,

I'm on for meeting up soon - where abouts in Herts is The Goat?

Need to do a few bits to the car so that would give me a target to get it done by!

James was your car over at Autobahn recently as my old man was there and said there was a nice blue csl in.

Regards,

Rohan

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello lads,

I'm on for meeting up soon - where abouts in Herts is The Goat?

Need to do a few bits to the car so that would give me a target to get it done by!

James was your car over at Autobahn recently as my old man was there and said there was a nice blue csl in.

Regards,

Rohan

jamesr

Reaction score
Rohan, yeah that was mine. I emailed you about it, as gary said your dad had been in when i picked it up. Didn't get my email?

Paul, i'm definitely up for that, june 7th is good for me and hopefully we'll get some of that good weather we've been promised.

jamesr

Reaction score
Rohan, yeah that was mine. I emailed you about it, as gary said your dad had been in when i picked it up. Didn't get my email?

Paul, i'm definitely up for that, june 7th is good for me and hopefully we'll get some of that good weather we've been promised.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey James, no didn't get it - was it to work email?

That pub suits me perfect if we decide on it - 7th June suits me too.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey James, no didn't get it - was it to work email?

That pub suits me perfect if we decide on it - 7th June suits me too.

jamesr

Reaction score
yeah, i sent it to your work email on saturday.

Suits me too, straight up the M11 and i get to go through the blackwall tunnel!

jamesr

Reaction score
yeah, i sent it to your work email on saturday.

Suits me too, straight up the M11 and i get to go through the blackwall tunnel!