first drive around block with e9 project

503recheck

Reaction score
spent winter doing 3.5, motronic 1.3, 5sp, mafs, warchip, install on painted shell. First drive around the block to seat in new motor. Couple pics in driveway to celebrate the halfway point of project. mafs is on there now, but not in pic. by the way b35 with schrick 284 feels like it pulls hard and wants to go, go, go.

2qt8p5f.jpg

2u90geg.jpg

p.smitty

Reaction score
Test drive

Very cool, It looks like you're doing a great, thorough job. I'm in Portland on occasion and would love to see it sometime. Beautiful.

Pat Smith

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Great pictures - the neighbours must wonder about you. Is the engine stock compression ratio or did you change out the pistons. Wondering what the hotter cam and WAR chip (Miller Performance?) add to stock hp and torque? IF it is Miller did you get the head porting done as well?

Doug

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Love driving a car with no windshield. What is done so far looks excellent.

jmackro

Reaction score
Keep it just like that - looks baaad. Plus, it never rains there in Portland, does it?

Congratulations on finishing the mechanical work. There's something magical about taking that first drive, with the hood off, passenger seat missing, no glass, no sound deadening, ... Makes all that time and $$$ worthwhile.

Kizilsakal

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm so jealous...

will you put it on a dyno? I wonder what the output will be.

looks really nice, best of luck with the rest of the restoration.

Victor

Reaction score
My coupe looks like that from 50 yards. Unfortunately I am at the tear down stage.
Looks great and is very inspiring. Cant wait to see it when its done.

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Brake booster modifications

Draco02

Having done a b35 intake and Tii brake booster conversion, I would seriously consider doing the "trim the bottom corner" treatment of the intake manifold someone else on the forum pioneered. Ultimately, a lot less work and means you aren't going to mess with your hydraulic/brake system.

Your call of course,

Doug

503recheck

Reaction score
tii booster thread

tii booster install can be found under my other posts under 503recheck. I was very happy with the tii booster mod. My hard part was finding a used one. once I posted on 2002faq under parts wanted I had two offered within a hour for approx 250. The booster rod lengthening procedure is documented and is the only tricky part and it is easy if you measure twice overall length and cut once.