Finally, a proper introduction

Whipcity

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, Think I’m now doing this correctly:). Wanted to introduce myself as a new member. Since this is my first foray into Social Media, kindly have some patience while I get educated how to do this. Have a ‘73 CS with the following mods: 3.5 Motronic Engine, 5 spd manual transmission, over the top dark blue leather interior with dark walnut veneer, and Alpine Stereo. Exterior is Fjord Blue. It has a ‘72 2002tii Polaris/Black Leather 5spd stable mate. It’s ethereal driving these glorious machines once again bringing back wonderful memories from my College Days. Looking forward to sharing what I know and learning more about how everything ticks.

943B73FF-6FCE-4CAE-B34B-492CDC4571F7.jpeg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for posting pics. Sorry to re-post your own picture, but this image (car) is stunning. What beautiful, crisp, and straight body lines. Well done and congrats!
86dc01f4-f2ce-469b-8b43-3efeb5b79e28-jpeg.50413

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
My brother used to live in Evanston. When did all of those palm trees spring up? :D

Whipcity

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, you know they(Evanston) were putting-up cell towers and thought a conversation piece was necessary.

Seriously, yes, very good eyes. Both cars were purchased through Coupe King, Wilmington CA. They were staged for a photo shoot before loaded up on a Plycar Truck bound for Illinois. Yes, my personals show Evanston. Was born there, reside along with my posse out in The Western Suburbs of Chicago.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Originally from Chicago proper, but my wife and I would make pretty regular visits up to Blind Faith Cafe in Evanston. Now I am getting hungry...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, you know they(Evanston) were putting-up cell towers and thought a conversation piece was necessary.

Seriously, yes, very good eyes. Both cars were purchased through Coupe King, Wilmington CA. They were staged for a photo shoot before loaded up on a Plycar Truck bound for Illinois. Yes, my personals show Evanston. Was born there, reside along with my posse out in The Western Suburbs of Chicago.

One would think that with the 7th highest property taxes in the nation, Evanston could afford a few palm trees! :D Okay - enough picking on IL.

Both cars from CK! That explains why they are so pretty.

Whipcity

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Originally from Chicago proper, but my wife and I would make pretty regular visits up to Blind Faith Cafe in Evanston. Now I am getting hungry...
Blind Faith still dishes it out. Their faire is more vegan than I would like. More of a meat and potatoes guy.

Whipcity

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
One would think that with the 7th highest property taxes in the nation, Evanston could afford a few palm trees! :D Okay - enough picking on IL.

Both cars from CK! That explains why they are so pretty.
Yes, Peter and Erik from CK did the work. That said, both were acquired in 2014. The CS was restored in ‘11 and is holding up well. The Tii was restored in ‘14 before it came to The Midwest. Both are well kept up and properly maintained, almost to the point of being garage queens. With extended use antique plates they’re driven between April and October. Having a man-cave helps.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Blind Faith still dishes it out. Their faire is more vegan than I would like. More of a meat and potatoes guy.
Yep, my wife and I are vegetarians (not really vegans). Heck, we've since moved to Wisconsin so cheese is in three of the four food groups. But at Blind Faith we've enjoyed just about everything they serve there EXCEPT the vegan flourless chocolate cake. :eek: That should be outlawed!

Whipcity

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Duh, yeah, you have hot and cold running cheddar cheese up there. Wife and I did undergraduate work at Ripon College. That’s why we’re not vegan oriented. Yeah, that cake should only be sold by Rx only and sugar should have been classified as a drug when discovered.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes, Peter and Erik from CK did the work. That said, both were acquired in 2014. The CS was restored in ‘11 and is holding up well. The Tii was restored in ‘14 before it came to The Midwest. Both are well kept up and properly maintained, almost to the point of being garage queens. With extended use antique plates they’re driven between April and October. Having a man-cave helps.

Welcome (again)! Just before opening this I was looking at this car on the old CK build pics to get some ideas. Kind of disorienting--thought my brain was replicating images. Beautiful car.

Whipcity

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You’re correct. That’s how I met them. Saw the CS on their website and just melted! Took 8 months to complete sale and have both cars ready. The Tii was just finishing its’ paint work and close to assembly. They put in a factory rebuild motor in the Tii, NLA from BMWNA now. Customized the radio console with Becker Europa face plate. Hidden Alpine System behind speaker grille. Sorry to hear about disorientation. Peter/Erik kept the CS on the website for quite a while after I bought it but hadn’t taken delivery yet.