Favorite Hand Cleaner

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interested in opinions. I have tried many kinds and after years, have recently rediscovered "Goop" for 2 bucks.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I like Goop as well, but lately I've been using Tarkelp from Harbor Freight. It works well and leaves your hands clean. Their nitrile gloves are another good buy and they keep your hands from needing as much scrubbing, though in the 100 degree heat, I can't wear them long because my hands get waterlogged with sweat, but it beats the wear and tear from scrubbing out the grease.

Ignore the stain on my thumb, I'm painting the house and hadn't washed up yet.

Ian

Attachments

• Tarkelp hand cleaner.JPG
    Tarkelp hand cleaner.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 239

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I wear nitrile gloves and go through a few pears during an evening. I have boxes of the orange textured ones from Costco. They are very sturdy.

My parts car is absolutely filthy. The 4spd just may have been dunked in the La Brea Tar Pits. I left the trans in a box outside my garage for a friend to pickup. He left me a voicemail thanking me for the set of gloves I left him. :D

Anyway moral of the story is that I don't have/use hand cleaner. I use dawn dish soap if I need to scrub my arms.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I will try each..................Stan which Boraxo the powder or liquid pumice one?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
powder, using the old style dispenser

Just don't spill any in your grass. I had a section of scorched earth for a good three years. :) I eventually dig it up and stuck a piece of sod there. :D

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Their nitrile gloves are another good buy and they keep your hands from needing as much scrubbing, though in the 100 degree heat, I can't wear them long because my hands get waterlogged with sweat, but it beats the wear and tear from scrubbing out the grease.
Ian

I like these nitrile gloves when dealing with greasy bits as well. To avoid the condensation issue I actually mostly wear a set of Gorilla Grip gloves (Home Depot) which are breathable. When I need to deal with nasty stuff I put a pair of the nitrile gloves one size larger over the Gorilla ones. They remove easily afterwards and the condensation then evaporates quickly from the Gorillas.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not something doctors can do. If my gloves are still good and I need to remove them, I put my mouth up to the base and inflate them while removing. It keeps them from going inside out.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not something doctors can do. If my gloves are still good and I need to remove them, I put my mouth up to the base and inflate them while removing. It keeps them from going inside out.

That's funny. Most of the time my gloves are soaked with sweat inside and I need to invert them so they will dry. If I haven't dried my hands well enough, or if the gloves are aren't fully dry. I'll blow into the gloves to help me get them on.

Ian

Last edited:

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
nothing works as well as simple green towels in the round container
it will even taks of dryed bondo
fantastic stuff