Facelift 2012......

Stefan

Reaction score
I'm thinking of adding a front spoiler to my car.

These options are from zaprace.

I would like to keep the front bumper.

The zaprace guy said that if you wanna keep the bumper the Alpina spoiler would be the only choice.

Any comments/suggestions?

Attachments

• threestndfs.jpg
    threestndfs.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 298

Bwana

Reaction score
I went with the middle model and put the bumper back on. Looks great! Is that the Alpina model?

Stefan

Reaction score
I went with the middle model and put the bumper back on. Looks great! Is that the Alpina model?[/QUOTE

The bumper is very tight against the front wings. Is it possible to add 3-4 mm on each side?

Bwana

Reaction score
I went with the middle model and put the bumper back on. Looks great! Is that the Alpina model?[/QUOTE

The bumper is very tight against the front wings. Is it possible to add 3-4 mm on each side?

Yes. The bumper is actually a three piece affair which I discovered by accident when I removed it. After installing the air dam, I was able to get the space you are refering to. There is some adjustment when re-assembling the bumper. I used a rubber dounut as a stand off (It's actually an engine mount for some sort of Chevy, available at my local NAPA autoparts store. You'll have to find an equvalent)

PA090071.jpg

PA090072.jpg

PA090073.jpg

The bolts that hold the ends of the bumper are actually the most important for holding the air dam on. The sheet metal screws across the front only hold it in place without much strength.

waynesie

Reaction score
The top air dam might have been used by Alpina, but I don't think it is the best looking "Alpina" air dam. This is the Alpina air dam I like and the front bumper fits fine.

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4823&highlight=Alpina+airdam

I liked it so much i put one on my car.
http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10258&highlight=Alpina+airdam&page=2

There are also pictures without a bumper on a polaris cs and it looks good too.

The front bumper is three sections and can be adjusted by loosening the bolts. They can easily give 3-4 mm if not more.... 25mm might be possible.

rb1971

Reaction score
The top one is an Alpina Gruppe 2 airdam (used at least for a few years). I got mine from Jaymic but am running without bumpers. Here's how it looks with open vents:

Attachments

• 6891297826_cf9e5c6936_b.jpg
    6891297826_cf9e5c6936_b.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 253

Stefan

Reaction score
Thanks guys for sharing pics and thoughts :)

Does anyone know what to call the spoiler in the front of the picture in general?

I think it's very similar to Zender with the intake, but I've only seen fuzzy pics on the Zender front spoiler.

BTW, what would the distance be from spoiler to ground with the CSL vs Alpina spoiler?
Speed bumps all over in my city :-(

Attachments

• threestndfs.jpg
    threestndfs.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

Stefan

Reaction score
Stefan did you ever decide on a spoiler?

Hej bwalvoord!

Nope, I'm still struggling what's the best looking for my car...

To be honest I doesn't think any of the now available front spoilers matches the former E9 design.
Plow or underbite are the nicknames for the front spoilers above I've heard.

So I'll keep the grand old E9 design untouched for the moment :)