Exterior moulding bolts

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought a set from W&N but have yet to open it. I am going to send them an email and see what they have changed if anything. I will send them the link to this post also.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I bought a set from W&N but have yet to open it. I am going to send them an email and see what they have changed if anything. I will send them the link to this post also.

So- which bolts do you have?

Should I ask W&N to disregard the lengthy email I sent yesterday and just deal with you instead?

I don't imagine they need multiple emails about the same issue.
I already said I sent them an email.
I already sent them pictures.
I sent measurements and part numbers
I will post back here...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

Wait a moment. You haven’t opened the bag yet and you are raising an issue with the vendor? I wouldn’t think that you would need to drag Don’s post into your email given that he is an avid large customer of W&N. He is regularly posting references to their offerings, but what they will see is his one post on parts not fitting properly.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Slow down boys. I am kinda unclear at all the angst based on my good intentioned comment.

I did not see that sfdon's set was received yesterday so would be the same as mine and that his email was sent yesterday. I thought it may have been months ago. My set is basically 2 weeks old and since there have been variations in the set over time, I was going to inquire if any changes were made based on his email and incorporated into the new set sent me.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Howdy-
Take a pic of yours and send it to me or post here?
Thank you!

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here ya go, Looks like yours unfortunately
20180120_172642.jpg

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Like I said, I bought a set from WN and can't use the bolt, if and when they 'spin' you have a real problem
The nuts are great though!

GRKOALA

Peter K
Site Donor
Reaction score
Peter, Walloths have full trim set on special for 122 euros 51131400027...worth replacing all of them with new if you can. Also, I think it was SFDon that recommended using "shims" to protect the "fresh" paint but not sure where they might be available locally ( if at all) . Cheers. Simon

Thanks simon, I’ll ask around and see if we can buy shims locally.
Glad I posted on this topic, it saved me filling up the swear jar ;))

Last edited:

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
This might sound like a strange one to you all, but I head up the parts division at a local *shudder* Hyundai dealership

Was invoicing some parts out to a customer and noticed that some trim clips looked near identical to these, and were about 20 cents each. I'll need to run through the invoices for the last week or so to get the part numbers back up as I forgot to write them down, but it might be an inexpensive source for these bolts until WN get it sorted

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I broke about five removing the rear belt line trim last night. Honestly I appreciate how much amfaster things go when the bolts snap. :D

Man the bolt underneath the passenger rear roundel must have been installed by elves. After 10+ minutes of unscrewing 99% of the way off, I hit it with a small hacksaw on the front. Do not try with a painted car. :) I’m guessing the rubber was hung up on the stud but that but didn’t want to come off.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
its such a challenge to get a big 'mit' of a hand / arm into that slot to take that nut off between the fender and the wheel arch. can't wait to try to put the nut back on in that location.

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure what the child labour laws are like over your side of the pond but I've been training my little nieces on how to fasten bolts in preparation for this exact moment.

It's much easier to pay your workforce in sweets than getting some of the nuts out on these cars.